5.4l intake manifold options

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
My brothers 4.6l just kicked the bucket last week. Was gonna swap a 4.6l back in but got 3-5.4l 3v for the price of one 4.6l. What are the current options for the 5.4l he wants to turbo it so that keep it in mind. I know the jpc fabbed intake manifold . Just wondering if anything new or better has come up.
Thanks in advanced for advice.
P.s. he wants to race it in the long run after this build. Big bore boss block would not be economical for multiple engines in his case.

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I'll look them up and give them a call. See who is cheaper them or jpc. I haven't seen or know of any other option.

v8venomgt

forum member
Reaction score
You'd probably have less hassle building a boss block as your motor foundation. You can get similar displacement out of the boss block, and use a 4.6 manifold.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can look for a lower from the 5.4 3V whipped setup and can an elbow type inlet. I see them on eBay sometimes. Bonus is a built in intercooler.

Roush fun

forum member
Reaction score
Pick up a roush nightmare supercharger, I was gonna do this at one point but the longblock sold before i could come up with the extra scratch.... A couple things that he will need to look into is a modified or custom header as well as a taller hood. This would be a fun swap in my opinion.

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
You'd probably have less hassle building a boss block as your motor foundation. You can get similar displacement out of the boss block, and use a 4.6 manifold.
As I said earlier the goal is to race it as a end result. We looking to do to multiple engines and the boss block cost factor is not cost effective. While we will have more cost in the initial setup with a 5.4l. But, after your factor blown engines and damaged blocks. Boss setup would easily be more costly in the long run. 5.4l blocks are readily available and can be picked up a dime a dozen. As we just got 3 for the price of a 4.6l.

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
You can look for a lower from the 5.4 3V whipped setup and can an elbow type inlet. I see them on eBay sometimes. Bonus is a built in intercooler.
Yes we thought about that. But this will be a custom turbo setup and trying to make max power. We are just mocking everything up at the moment.

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
Pick up a roush nightmare supercharger, I was gonna do this at one point but the longblock sold before i could come up with the extra scratch.... A couple things that he will need to look into is a modified or custom header as well as a taller hood. This would be a fun swap in my opinion.
Already has a cowl hood on it. This is why we asked for current options on intake. I spoke with ed's yesterday. I was not able to get in touch with Jpc I will try again today.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back