5 Point Harness Mounting

pcdrj

forum member
Reaction score
Finally getting around to installing seats and harnesses. I've got Corbeau FX1 ,sliders, and 5 point belts. Car has Griggs's roll bar. I've read both SCCA and NASA regs for mounting requirements but have gotten several interpretations.

Where exactly are have people installed the lap and sub belts? Pics if possible please.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
It may take a while on pix, but I'll be happy to talk you through my install...

Outside lap belt: Webbed into a snap-on end, clipped into a 5/8" forged eyebolt that is in turn run through the foot of the Autopower rollbar, the floor, the backing plate under the floor, and capped with a locknut. Alternative location would be to the OE belt mount location on the side of the rocker panel, IIRC it's an M10 thread.

Inside lap belt: Snap-on belt end again, eyebolt run through a fender washer, through the floor right where the trans tunnel comes in, and parallel with the outside mount. Alternative location would be to use the tab on the Corbeau seat mount bracket.

Anti-sub: Bolt-down mount, through the rear brace on the seat mount bracket.

These locations will work out well for the angles required for proper belt usage. The angles themselves are the most important thing, and the whole installation should be focused on them. They may or may not need to move, depending on where you land your seat for driving...

marksti

forum member
Reaction score
I have the same roll bar and same seats..I run a Racetech 6 point harnass

I had Griggs install the setup for me

Uppers are run up top onto the griggs roll bar

Lower side points and the subs and both run under/on the side of the seat and mount on eye bolts that also bolts down the rear seat bracket...The sub straps are run crossed

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back