5r55s engage issues from D To R

Kalin

Reaction score
Hello,

After rebuild i have problem with engage from D to R. Sometimes it doesn't engage and i need to put P and after that R.

I think its a shift cable issues...just need adjustment.

What do you think?

DieHarder

Reaction score
Same experience but original. Various reasons for it. How many miles on it? Might be cable but often has to do with servo wear. Might be worth a diagnosis at a transmission shop.

bambam 06

Reaction score
Hello,

After rebuild i have problem with engage from D to R. Sometimes it doesn't engage and i need to put P and after that R.

I think its a shift cable issues...just need adjustment.

What do you think?

Take it back to the shop that rebuild it, let them fix it.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Sounds to me the cable needs to be adjusted. If it's hitting the gear moving in one direction but misses in the other you have to adjust the cable. I'm trying to remember which way the shifter moves on the tranny going from park to reverse. Either way whatever direction it goes from park to reverse you need to shorten that distance which will lengthen the movement in the opposite direction. There is a little clip on the cable that if you loosen you can move it a few teeth in whatever direction you need. It's a bitch to get to.

VGMStudios

Reaction score
If you need to adjust the shifter it's really easy.
The bottom of the shifter moves opposite from top. What you do is Jack the car up. Put it in neutral. Disconnect the cable from the shifter after getting under the car. Push the cable all the way in. That park. Pull it 2 clicks. That's neutral. Use a flat head screwdriver and disengage the sliding portion of the connector. Line it up and click it into place. Takes about 10 mins to do. Then test it from inside the car. Screenshot_20230906-095804_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back