6 Rib to 8 Rib Conversion

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I’m replacing all the pulleys and idlers on my 2010 GT. Changing from 6 groove to 8 groove. The power steering and the idlers are easy. The alternator is a tight son of a gun but I got it. My problem is the A/C pump pulley. The bearing is a different size than the previous models. Does anybody know which 8 groove clutch pulley will fit on the 2010 pump?

Badd GT

forum member
Reaction score
I’m replacing all the pulleys and idlers on my 2010 GT. Changing from 6 groove to 8 groove. The power steering and the idlers are easy. The alternator is a tight son of a gun but I got it. My problem is the A/C pump pulley. The bearing is a different size than the previous models. Does anybody know which 8 groove clutch pulley will fit on the 2010 pump?
Jason @ DOB can probably answer that for you

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I got an answer from DOB. There are no 8 groove pulleys that fit the 2010 pump. DOB will machine two more grooves on the original pulley if I send it to them. :driver:

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I got an answer from DOB. There are no 8 groove pulleys that fit the 2010 pump. DOB will machine two more grooves on the original pulley if I send it to them. :driver:

How the heck can they machine 2 x more grooves, to make a 8 rib out of an existing 6 rib pulley ??

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I took the A/C pulley to a local machine shop and they cut two more grooves on the front. Saved shipping time sending it back and forth. It went right back on and lines up just like before. Now a little shuffling of idlers to get the belt tension to DOBs recommendation and belt problems should be a memory.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back