Finally replacing the original tires on my 09' GT. I have questions-

2009 Deluxe GT

Reaction score
I am finally ready to replace the original tires on my 09' GT. I bought it new and only have 33,000 on it and it's store for 6 months out of the year. In fact, I just replaced the original battery last week! I would like to pick the collective brains here.

#1, should I have the TPM sensors as well? They still all work but are 16 years old.

#2, I have the 235/55 17" stock rims (which I love). I contemplated white letter tires but can't find any. Do they make them in this size? I don't want to use a paint pen.

Any thoughts?

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I am finally ready to replace the original tires on my 09' GT. I bought it new and only have 33,000 on it and it's store for 6 months out of the year. In fact, I just replaced the original battery last week! I would like to pick the collective brains here.

#1, should I have the TPM sensors as well? They still all work but are 16 years old.

#2, I have the 235/55 17" stock rims (which I love). I contemplated white letter tires but can't find any. Do they make them in this size? I don't want to use a paint pen.

Any thoughts?
Replace the sensors. The mini batteries can't be too far off from failing. White Letter = Ricer

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I agree replace them at the same time, save you time and money in the future.

not too many companies make white raised letter tires, some look ok on a muscle car, BFG in particular, however, quick look seems that they don't make them in 17s

2009 Deluxe GT

Reaction score
I agree replace them at the same time, save you time and money in the future.

not too many companies make white raised letter tires, some look ok on a muscle car, BFG in particular, however, quick look seems that they don't make them in 17s
Thanks!

Yea, I think the restored 69's and 70's look pretty good with white letters but I haven't seen anything recent with them. Maybe the small sidewall would look goofy with the lettering.

ShelbySteve

Reaction score

Any thoughts?
I don’t know if the band style tpms sensors are still available. I went with ITM metal valve stem mounted ones and they’ve worked great for a couple of years now.

Back