6060 that broke!

1FastS197

Reaction score
TR6060 that broke!

anyone ever seen a TR6060 break an output shaft... this happened to a friend of mine, and we are pulling the trans apart... it was a smooth break... not real sure why it broke but it broke right at the end... tranny didn't even loose any fluid...

Last edited:

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
Sorry if you kept up with car news you would notice that the 2010 Camaros are breaking output shafts left and right. Fucking smart guy!:nk:

1FastS197

Reaction score
Sorry if you kept up with car news you would notice that the 2010 Camaros are breaking output shafts left and right. Fucking smart guy!:nk:

does this thread have anything to do with a Camaro!?! i thought since i posted 6060 maybe the transmission on a camaro was named a 6060... my bad... :rant:

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
According to the article, the GT500s are running the same tranny. Does that mean Ford will have the same issues? Have there been any reports yet on the GT500s?

ASRoff

forum member
Reaction score
dont foget the camaro weighs 400lbs MORE thant a GT500. so that may have something to do with it. :D

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
anyone ever seen a TR6060 break an output shaft... this happened to a friend of mine, and we are pulling the trans apart... it was a smooth break... not real sure why it broke but it broke right at the end... tranny didn't even loose any fluid...

The TR6060 is also used in the 2008+ Corvette. I recommend contacting RPM Transmissions. They built me a Level V transmission and its been bullet proof. They have an excellent reputation. If they can't help you, they will point you in the right direction. Good luck.

1FastS197

Reaction score
The TR6060 is also used in the 2008+ Corvette. I recommend contacting RPM Transmissions. They built me a Level V transmission and its been bullet proof. They have an excellent reputation. If they can't help you, they will point you in the right direction. Good luck.

thanks man, i will get him to give them a call... hopefully someone has made a strong output shaft...

HARLEYDEALER

Reaction score
Twisted one and twisted and broke another! If you also twisted it you will have to cut the shaft into to get the gears off. Bill

Attachments

• MUSTANG 10.3 401.jpg
    MUSTANG 10.3 401.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 39
  • MUSTANG 10.3 400.jpg
    MUSTANG 10.3 400.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Shelby1 (33).jpg
    Shelby1 (33).jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 40

1FastS197

Reaction score
Twisted one and twisted and broke another! If you also twisted it you will have to cut the shaft into to get the gears off. Bill

heck yeah, it was a nightmare... chipped one gear try'n to pull it off too! we finally got it back together and got it going... getting the gears off the shaft was horrible!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back