6R80 in my 05

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
If someone comes up with controller for the 6R that is mostly plug and play with a manual s197 I'd be looking at it pretty seriously. Even though my car is for sale it's not a "must sell" and a good auto would be a whole lot of fun, it would be enough fun to get me back to the track which is 90 miles one way.

It's got to be coming out at some time in the future. IIRC FRPP has a controller for the Coyote and 6R to be used in any chassis. Hopefully they will offer a stand alone for the 6R, they already know how to do it. I think it's just a matter of FRPP knowing there is a desire for it. Then again the desire might not be big enough to justify the money that would go into making it happen. Then again again it might be a real easy affair for them to do a stand alone transmission controller based on the current motor and trans package. Hmmm.

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
5th is 1:1 though instead of 4th. I drove the one that I sold recently and I thought it really kicked ass at 730 rwhp. besides I have never really driven a ford 6spd auto that shifted out quite like the 4l80e. I was absolutely impressed and I really would rather only have 1 od gear instead of 2 although it is low but that's just me. it comes with a F.A.S.T. controller not a tci btw. why can't a fast controller be made to work with the 6r?

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
5th is 1:1 though instead of 4th. I drove the one that I sold recently and I thought it really kicked ass at 730 rwhp. besides I have never really driven a ford 6spd auto that shifted out quite like the 4l80e. I was absolutely impressed and I really would rather only have 1 od gear instead of 2 although it is low but that's just me. it comes with a F.A.S.T. controller not a tci btw. why can't a fast controller be made to work with the 6r?

Do you have any pics of it installed in the car? Was the car an auto or manual before the swap?

sportinawoody

!@#$%^&*(
Reaction score
it replaced a magnum xl 6spd. had to dent the trans tunnel at both rear corners in the 07 trans well but when car went back stock it was easy to knock them back down with the carpet still in place. pics got deleted from photobucket but heres my for sale ad for those wanting a quick view of specs
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124286

one of the best benefits of this setup is it can be paddle shifted, manually shifted, or set to full automatic thru the controller so you can set shift points for each gear

Last edited:

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
PA has the controllers finalized and will by available very soon.

Bob 240-439-4650

Time for me to find 6r80 and order one.

Litebulb

forum member
Reaction score
Lol I hope so. No telling what this will run

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

forum member
Reaction score
PA has the controllers finalized and will by available very soon.

Bob 240-439-4650

Time for me to find 6r80 and order one.

Did they give you any idea of which 6R80 transmissions or shifters will work?

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
Didn't ask about shifter but they said any 6r80

I honesty didn't ask too many questions because I was too excited. lol

Litebulb

forum member
Reaction score
Guess I'm off. I am excited to see this. I didn't reply to the email I got back from them

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
I'll keep the trust th400.for 1300$ just for the controller no thanks. But seems to be a good option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
$1300.00 is insane. I picture a couple of assholes in a office seeing what they can get from this and the eager being the test mules for them... As much as I want it, that price is just silly to me.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
It's all relative... Look at how much we spend of other shit. Lol

Plus, they are the only company that has figured it out so they cornered the market.

However look at guys paying 4-6 and even 10k for transmissions that aren't as proven as the 6R80. I haven't priced a used trans plus all I'll need for conversion but I bet it can be done for 2500.00

So I'm not too hung up on a controller price alone.

forum member
Reaction score
Lmfao that's insane

Expensive but not insane. For that money, I hope it included the wiring harness. Smart packs for the 4r70w can get expensive, too.
They have not emailed me for some reason.

Litebulb

forum member
Reaction score
What threw me off was the earlier posted link to the 6l80 controller. I think it was only 600 or so. Maybe I'm off. I've calmed down a bit and don't find this too appalling now. Will be nice to know what shifting options there are.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back