6sp suspension setup

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Well tracks are starting to open up finally! I'm getting my car finished up and just wanna pick some brains on setups.

08 GT Paxton @18psi with 6060 Trans

Suspension setup is qa1 da in rear, strange sa up front. 13 CJ springs, bmr adj Lcas, 13-14 style uca and mount solid, relos, bmr adj rear sway bar. 295/55-15 et streets out back 185-55-17 up front.

Built rear with Detroit locker.

Just looking for a solid baseline setup that I can start with. Last year best 60 was a 1.7 with all stock suspension except Lcas.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
here's what I'd try...

front struts full loose (softest setting)
rear shocks - how many settings comp/reb are there on QA1? I ran my strange single adj at +7 clicks (from full soft, of 10 settings)

UCA in upper hole
LCA in middle hole on relo brackets

set pinion angle to -2 degrees

am I reading that you have drag radial rear tires? Bias ply would help you so much more than radials...

suspension_update_15nov13_zps212103b4.jpg

is your front sway bar still in place? if so, disconnect or remove it entirely

be sure to check these threads too:

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32593

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100475
suspension_update_15nov13_zps212103b4.jpg.html

Last edited:

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! My front sway is removed and I have tubular rad support. The rears are double adjustable so I'm not sure what people are running with that. I've seen most run the compression as stiff as possible but wasn't sure on the rebound for the rear. I'll check those threads out. Thanks again!

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Hey not to thread jack, but I also have a 6060 Trans except with a 2.3 tvs S/C up front with 17 psi. 28'' M&H DR's. My suspension is pretty much stock, just wondering what the best bang/buck first mods should be for the drag strip? I know nothing about it lol :D

Back