8 rib conversion/Altenator Pulley

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Started to do my 8 rib conversion from Kenne Bell on my 05 GT,the alt pulley nut is a weird 30 spline thing that not even Ford has the tool for.Where did you guys find this tool or how did you remove this nut/bolt????

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Started to do my 8 rib conversion from Kenne Bell on my 05 GT,the alt pulley nut is a weird 30 spline thing that not even Ford has the tool for.Where did you guys find this tool or how did you remove this nut/bolt????
I had one left from my Saleen install... I know JDM has lots of them lying around - anyone who does Saleen blower installs will have a few dozen and you should be able to get one through Saleen directly - though I gather that could take a while...

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FYI, if anyone needs this tool in the DFW area, I left mine with Manny and Ozzie at HPP.

Mike

GI Joe

Reaction score
and just for the record...in case you try to make one...they are 33 spline...

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
33 spline tool

I found one,a shop up here installed a Saleen blower & the mechanic kept it.Did you guys know that the Volkwagon Golf TDI uses the same tool to remove the nut for its alternator pulley,go figure,i found pics & stuff on the net when i googled it.

GI Joe

Reaction score
I found one,a shop up here installed a Saleen blower & the mechanic kept it.Did you guys know that the Volkwagon Golf TDI uses the same tool to remove the nut for its alternator pulley,go figure,i found pics & stuff on the net when i googled it.
got links?
Thanks

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Come to think of it, that OEM pulley was made in Germany if I recollect correctly!

I think that pulley is made the way it is so that if something siezes, like the shitty alternators from the factory, it won't break the belt! That's a guess though.

Mike

RedFury

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Come to think of it, that OEM pulley was made in Germany if I recollect correctly!

I think that pulley is made the way it is so that if something siezes, like the shitty alternators from the factory, it won't break the belt! That's a guess though.

Mike

Here's what Sean Hyland says about the clutch in our alternator pulley.

"The 2005 Mustang GT engine has a 1 way clutch built into the alternator pulley to prevent the inertia of the alternator stator from flipping the belt off on engine overrun."

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+1... Jim III sent me one of them a few months ago.

He sent me one too. I had been asking....He just PM'd me (back at the ld board) and told me to let him have me addy so he could get me one. He sent it right away. So, he's been good to me :clap:

GI Joe

Reaction score
He sent me one too. I had been asking....He just PM'd me (back at the ld board) and told me to let him have me addy so he could get me one. He sent it right away. So, he's been good to me :clap:

they have helped me alot too........

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back