A lil stock door sill plate pimpin lol

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So i have the plain black interior non-iup doors sills. Im considering upgrading the sills with something prettier lol. I know they make aftermarket one and the lighted ones just not sure what I want.

So i decided to play with the stock ones today. I did the mustang lettering with grabber orange touch up paint. And used silver metallic spray paint on the stripes. It came out ok not sure how it would hold up without a clearcoat or anything. Here are the pics of what i got right now.

p_00039.jpg

p_00040.jpg

What you guys think. Got any suggestions on it or if i should clear coat or what to use?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I really like the way look on the car. the silver on them matches the silver GT stitching on my floor mats perfectly, didnt even think about that lol
p_00041.jpg

p_00042.jpg

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
At first I thought it looked a little gay, but on the car itself, they work perfectly! Nice work man! :thumb: Maybe just clear coat it any way so you it can have a bit more shine like the paint on the actual car.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! yeah i think it flows really well and is noticeable but isnt overpowering. Im going to look into getting some clear coat spray and mask off everything except the letters and stripes and spray a few coats on it. Never used any kind clearcoat spray paint before any reccomendations for brand or type to use?

FYI it isnt hard to do this i just put painters tape over the stripes/letters pressed it down real good and could see the indentions and used a razor to cut out where i wanted to paint.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back