A little confused with O2 codes

07 Boss

Reaction score
So I kept getting a stuck rich code on my bank 1 sensor. Just put a new sensor in along with a harness extension. My last two sensors I soldered in extra wire for it to reach the main harness. This time I used some extensions just for ease. Well now I get P2195 stuck lean. It has been the same Shelby tune for the last 5 or so years. The only thing I've done to the car recently was a new front cover and different Meziere. Here is a quick vid of my A/F guage idleing in my garage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V4WmBxT840

If you watch the vid (kinda boring) you can see the A?F ratio drop to way rich. A couple blips of the throttle then it returns to normal.
And then it creeps to full lean.

I don't get any slow response or heater circuit codes. With the previous stuck rich code and now the stuck lean code I am leaning toward a wiring issue. I did a semi wire tuck a few years ago but I never touched the O2 wires. I did swing the whole harness around the engine a little bit so the location of the connector for that side is harder to reach.

Anyways, I hate wiring and such, so is there other things I should be checking before diving into rewiring the sensor to the ECU? I haven't datalogged yet as my home computer is being hinky and I don't have a laptop. I could probably set up a log with short and long fuel trims and fuel pressure. What else should I be looking at as far as the logging?

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
Have you tried putting the old sensor back in or did this start with the old sensor?

I replaced the sensor because I was getting a "stuck rich" code.

I have two other unopened (Motorcraft) O2 sensors I can swap in there but I really doubt that is the issue. But I might try it this weekend for shits and giggles.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I replaced the sensor because I was getting a "stuck rich" code.

I have two other unopened (Motorcraft) O2 sensors I can swap in there but I really doubt that is the issue. But I might try it this weekend for shits and giggles.

I see that you included that info in the original post now that I reread it.

Going from stuck rich to stuck lean is kinda odd imo. I'd try a new sensor and I'd also try to swap the extension before digging into the wiring.

Besides the wiring or sensor it could be a flaky injector, not too likely imo but something to consider.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I see that you included that info in the original post now that I reread it.

Going from stuck rich to stuck lean is kinda odd imo. I'd try a new sensor and I'd also try to swap the extension before digging into the wiring.

Besides the wiring or sensor it could be a flaky injector, not too likely imo but something to consider.

That's what kind of baffles me. I pulled into the garage this evening and saw the old sensor laying there. Gonna throw that one back on there and see what happens.

boomer9999

Reaction score
I'm just curious about the guage and the stock O2 sensors. Are they compatible?

I thought the factory 02's switched between a low voltage and a high voltage, not like linear output from a wideband.

Sorry but I don't know how to solve your problem. The only time I ever experienced a stuck lean code is when I had a exhaust manifold leak because of broken studs and failed gaskets and warping on my 97 5.4l f150.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I'm just curious about the guage and the stock O2 sensors. Are they compatible?

I thought the factory 02's switched between a low voltage and a high voltage, not like linear output from a wideband.

Sorry but I don't know how to solve your problem. The only time I ever experienced a stuck lean code is when I had a exhaust manifold leak because of broken studs and failed gaskets and warping on my 97 5.4l f150.

I think all O2 sensors put out between 0v-1v. But I could be wrong. My gauge has it's own sensor, it doesn't piggy back off the stocker.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Have you checked the hose coupler on the throttle body to CAI?

Maybe the clamp has failed or is not sealed tightly causing a leak.

Had a same issue, the clamp failed which I couldn't see because the tightening screw was on the bottom.

07 Boss

Reaction score

Had a same issue, the clamp failed which I couldn't see because the tightening screw was on the bottom.

It was on good last week but I will double check it anyways. but a leak that big would cause lean issues on both sides. Seems to be some kind of dynamic issue on only the right bank.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score

Good thought however that would most likely generate a code for both banks!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back