A little help

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I dont frequent this subsection much but could use a little advice.

My car is a 2005 with the mineral gray paint. I have always kept it waxed and polished and whatnot to keep it shiny and slick.

About a year ago, I got my porter cable and hit the paint with ultimate compound. It cleaned up the paint very nicely. Since then, I have clay barred the car, multiple waxes and a couple polish jobs.

However, it seems that ever since that first ultimate compound hit, my paint has felt gritty. It used to be slick as a baby's ass. Now, it still shines, reflects, ect. But it 'feels' like shit. What could have caused this paint to lose its slickness?

Also, what route should I take from right now to re-slick my paint and give it that slippery feel.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
You need to use a finer polish, and a finishing polish topped off with a sealant/glaze to get that slick feeling back.

When you use a coarse polish, it leaves the paint gritty and rough.

Clay bar won't really help as it needs to be re-corrected.

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Most Meguiar's compounds leave some dusting behind, so that could be it. I would still clay it before just to play it safe, then go over with a light polish. I have some Menzerna PO85RD that would work really well.

Thanks!

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Meguiars ultimate compound is listed on the universal chart as a 8/10 as far aggressiveness is concerned.

You will need to make a second pass with a lesser aggressive polish. If you wanted to stick with the meguiars consumer brand, then the next step would be Meguiars Ultimate Polish. But I also recommend Menzerna PO85RD as an excellent finisher.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
You need to use a finer polish, and a finishing polish topped off with a sealant/glaze to get that slick feeling back.

When you use a coarse polish, it leaves the paint gritty and rough.

Clay bar won't really help as it needs to be re-corrected.

Found that out the hard way. I'll look into a finer polish and finishing polish. I put one on but it is that cheap little $10 bottle of turtle wax ice polish from vatozone. Not worth a crap apparently.

Most Meguiar's compounds leave some dusting behind, so that could be it. I would still clay it before just to play it safe, then go over with a light polish. I have some Menzerna PO85RD that would work really well.

Thanks!

John,

I'm going to snoop around your site when I get a chance and see how much money I can give you. lol I'll look into that Menzerna.

Meguiars ultimate compound is listed on the universal chart as a 8/10 as far aggressiveness is concerned.

You will need to make a second pass with a lesser aggressive polish. If you wanted to stick with the meguiars consumer brand, then the next step would be Meguiars Ultimate Polish. But I also recommend Menzerna PO85RD as an excellent finisher.

I'm sold. If you and John are both going to recommend that Menzerna product, then that is what I'm going to go with.

Thanks alot guys. I didnt want to single yall out just b/c I welcome all opinions. However, the guys that I was hoping to respond here did so. Much appreciation and if we still had reps, yall would get them. :beerchug2:

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
My pleasure, Mac. Give me a buzz when you're ready and I'll extend the 15% off your way!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back