AAT Sensor Location and Fuel Tables Wisdom Needed

VBSTANG06

Reaction score
Can't find AAT sensor on my car YET. Does front bumper need to come off to get to it or maybe mine got put in the wrong location? Or is AAT inferred from the ECM or MAF? I can't find a definite answer on this one YET. Thanks for any help.

VBSTANG06

Reaction score
Does ambient air temperature affect fuel tables/lambda commanded by the ECM? My car will command a lambda of .85 to .98 when it switches to open loop at idle and I'm not sure about AAT's role in determining what the ECU wants the engine to have so it will be happy/efficient.

VBSTANG06

Reaction score
Thanks Dino. I just recently did a timing job on my mustang at 160,000 miles and it runs great but man that was a job. I also replaced hydraulic lash adjusters and roller followers with the updated design that has smaller oiling holes to help the oiling system. My engine DRINKS oil through the intake from the PCV lines attached to it. Makes my spark plugs look/combustion chamber look pretty bad. With the tune that I have I'm probably going to be going through spark plugs quicker than normal.

07 Boss

Reaction score
My engine DRINKS oil through the intake from the PCV lines attached to it. Makes my spark plugs look/combustion chamber look pretty bad. With the tune that I have I'm probably going to be going through spark plugs quicker than normal.

So why not delete the pcv system or at least install a catch can?

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
So why not delete the pcv system or at least install a catch can?

Exactly. At the very least install an oil catch can on the driver's side. I have catch cans on both sides but the passenger side remains bone dry, while the driver's side collects about 40cc every 5000 mile oil change interval. The oil dipstick hardly moves at all, and the engine's nicely broken in at 101k miles. No charge motion control valves to worry about sticking either 'cause I deleted those a decade ago :D

IMG_20230730_135207.jpg

VBSTANG06

Reaction score
Agreed I'm getting an oil catch can for driver's side. I've considered removing PCV system but does that come w/risk of contaminating oil w/gas from the combustion mix that leaks past piston rings? I don't know how much of an effect that change would make.

VBSTANG06

Reaction score
I still have charge motion control plates that I can hear moving sometimes they are so clanky and I can hear air being sucked into them where the rod for the plates sticks out at the attach point on the back.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back