About to order gauges-quick question

SONICBOOST

In it to win it
Reaction score
The gauges that I want are below. I just want to make sure that these are the gauges that I will need for my paxton 2200 system. The wideband says that it does not work with the OEM senders, does anybody know what that means. Will I need to order anything seperate to install these or do they come with everything I will need to install them. Thanks

-Adam

Edit- I want a mechanical boost gauge right.

http://egauges.com/vdo_mult3.asp?Type=ATM_Air_Fuel_Wide&Series=Cobalt&Units=E

http://egauges.com/vdo_ind.asp?Type=Turbo_Boost&Series=Cobalt&PN=ATM-6107

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe it means your going to need their sender and your going to need to weld a bun in your exaust for it.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You may want to consider a fuel pressure gauge as well, I am personally going with a Wideband A/F, Boost/Vac and fuel pressure gauge for my build up.

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The gauges are fine but you may want to add a fuel pressure gauge also. Wideband O2's do not work with the stock sensors but the gauge comes with the required sensor. You will just need to have a muffler shop add a bung so it can be installed. Other than that, they should come with everything required to install.

SONICBOOST

In it to win it
Reaction score
I should add that i will not be using a fuel pressure gauge and I will not be doing the install...

SONICBOOST

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I didn't really think I needed a fuel pressure gauge because if fuel pressure drops it will throw off the air/fuel ratio which the wideband indicates right, what do you guys think? Also what the heck is a bung...lol do I need to order one or will the instal shop have one, I will be having ST Motorsports do the install...

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think a fuel pressure gauge is the second most important gauge next to the A/F gauge. Just my opion though.

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also what the heck is a bung...lol do I need to order one or will the instal shop have one, I will be having ST Motorsports do the install...
The bung is another inlet into the exhaust system so the wideband O2 sensor can be installed. Think of it as a hole drilled in the exhaust with a nut welded to it so sensor can be screwed in. I know there are pic's out there but I am too damn lazy to find them. ST should have everything they need.

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your factory O2 sensors are in bungs. Your just adding an extra bung to screw in the wideband..well thats how I see it anyways.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice choice of gauges.

John and Adam will get you all lined up without a problem. They'll probably have some extra bungs laying around, but if not, any local muffler shop would have them.

I too suggest getting a Fuel PSI gauge when the time is right. It's not as exciting of a gauge as a boost gauge, but it's far important in a supercharged application.

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
To add to the conversation, was wondering if the rear O2 sensors are turned off in the tune, could you just use one of those bungs instead of installing another one?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
To add to the conversation, was wondering if the rear O2 sensors are turned off in the tune, could you just use one of those bungs instead of installing another one?

Yes you could, but I wounder if having it after the cat or before the cat makes a difference, I bet it does.

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
Yes you could, but I wounder if having it after the cat or before the cat makes a difference, I bet it does.

Probably, but for dudes like me that have the rear sensors turned off because we're running offroad pipes, the cats won't make any difference LOL.

SONICBOOST

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think i'm gonna just go with a boost/fuel gauge. I am only aiming for 430rwhp and I can always get the wideband later on. Seems like the boost and fuel pressure are two of the more closely monitored gauges associated with supercharged stangs

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back