AC Compressor Dead?

msvela448

forum member
Reaction score
For your pulley / clutch reassembly I think the airgap is supposed to be .015 (from memory) ... You may have to buy the Motorcraft spacer kit with the little washers that are different thicknesses.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
All great inputs. If I have to change out the compressor I'll do everything at once. As mentioned, no use to half ass it.

The clutch plate was delivered today. Need to see if it came with spacers when I get home. I don't think it does. The old one could work, I'll need to measure the spacing.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Of course the clutch plate doesn't come with shims. I installed the old pulley and tried both the new and old clutch plate with the one old shim and there's zero clearance. The clutch plate's been riding on that pulley for awhile. Just ordered a new set of shims which will be here on Thursday with the new pulley. Glad I got the new pulley...after further inspection the old one is pretty beat up. I'll just return the bearing that came in today.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dodged a bullet....compressor is fine. Replaced the pulley (noticed the old one was also warped a bit), clutch plate/shim and nice cold air coming out of the vents. That clutch sure spins a lot more freely when it's not matted against the pulley. LOL... Ordered a new belt though. Cleaned this one and all the pulleys and still getting some belt squeak. Either way...all is well for now.

Again...appreciate everyone's input and information which will come in handy when I do have to replace the compressor.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back