Add fog lights: tap in location?

Cardriver333

Reaction score
I'm adding American muscle's halo fog lights and am looking for a good place to connect the positive side. Can I tap it in to the positive post that powers the fuse box? I'll include a photo of the spot I'm talking about. Thanks!

20240224_142909.jpg

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't done fog lights, but on Saleen's HID headlights, that's where they have you tap for positive power to their relay harness.

Cardriver333

Reaction score
Thanks, I did put it there and it works great. Now I wanna get their "halo" feature working when I have the parking lights on

DieHarder

Reaction score
Then tap into the parking light wires?

Correct if you're only doing halo's. I built my own (using a kit) and tapped the halo's into the parking lights. Works fine. You could run a separate circuit and add a switch but why bother when everything is easy to get to. Just pick up a basic connector/socket off ebay/local O'reilly's (so you can service it/make it removeable) and tap into the parking lights each side (see pic). I also recommend soldering vs butt connectors but up to you of course.

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG-1481.jpg

Last edited:

VGMStudios

Reaction score
@DieHarder nice! I made my own headlights too. But I tappeed my halos into the DRL circuit and made my own circuit for them to work properly. So when I turn on the headlights the halos turn off. I also believe in soldering vs butt connectors!

20150829_223848.png

20150829_223804.png

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back