Adding Methanol! Snow Performance or AEM?

Sprayer84

forum member
Reaction score
I've been looking into adding a methanol kit on top of my turbo setup to help keep the IATs down. They have been getting as high as 130 in the 95 deg heat here. Lito suggested going with the AEM kit due to it having a pressure and check nozzle or something? But it is a lot more expensive then just the stage 1 Snow performance kit I'm looking at. Not looking for more power and timing as much as I am to just cool it down.

AEM http://www.jegs.com/p/AEM/AEM-Water-Methanol-Injection-Kit/934884/10002/-1

Snow Performance http://www.vr-speed.com/husky-20001...herokee.html?gclid=CLaG9LjYu7gCFSgV7Aod5SYARw

Anybody have experience with these kits or another alternative?

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had the AIS kit and worked good. The stuff is quality and customer service is great.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I've been looking into adding a methanol kit on top of my turbo setup to help keep the IATs down. They have been getting as high as 130 in the 95 deg heat here. Lito suggested going with the AEM kit due to it having a pressure and check nozzle or something? But it is a lot more expensive then just the stage 1 Snow performance kit I'm looking at. Not looking for more power and timing as much as I am to just cool it down.

AEM http://www.jegs.com/p/AEM/AEM-Water-Methanol-Injection-Kit/934884/10002/-1

Snow Performance http://www.vr-speed.com/husky-20001...herokee.html?gclid=CLaG9LjYu7gCFSgV7Aod5SYARw

Anybody have experience with these kits or another alternative?

I have a like new Snow Meth Stage II kit that I put on over the winter that I'm considering uninstalling. I decided not to up the timing on my new stroker so I'm really not taking advantage of it's full potential. PM me if interested and we can work out a price.

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
And for #4!

I run Devilsown base kit with 2 nozzles, it has a check valve. Ran perfect for a year, then sat for a year, and ran/runs fine 9000+ miles after new motor install. My friend runs Devilsown progressive kit on his 1200rwhp 88mm turbo Vette, 1 nozzle before turbo and 2 after. Great quality and service!

mr. anderson

forum member
Reaction score
if you are truely going to run it for safety/cooling the intake charge and not tune for it, a base kit of any brand is fine.

06gtmustang

forum member
Reaction score
^^^what he said^^^ I run a basic trunk mounted cooling mist kit and have no issues with it plus the nozzles they use i think are among the best in the industry.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I've been running a stage 2 Snow kit for about a year and a half, and haven't had any problems with it. I'm about to add the AEM failsafe flow gauge.

I wouldn't mind giving Aquamist a try. Their design seems well thought out.

KillrStang

Texas Grown
Reaction score
I've been running a stage 2 Snow kit for about a year and a half, and haven't had any problems with it. I'm about to add the AEM failsafe flow gauge.

I wouldn't mind giving Aquamist a try. Their design seems well thought out.

and thats what has me looking into it. comes with a failsafe and lots of adjustment for your needs.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I have the SafeInjection box from Snow, but I'm going to get rid of it for the AEM meth failsafe gauge. I really like AEM's computer interface, so I'm also going to be adding their boost/wideband failsafe gauge.

The main thing I dislike about Snow is their lines. They're sub-par compared to others. I've had one slowly come out of the fitting on two occasions.

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
I just got a snow stg 2 (20010) with dual nozzle upgrade (40040) and a case of boost juice for 421 new

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
Just bought an AIS kit. Haven't had time to install it yet but from the looks of it it looks like a great setup. Their customer service is top notch as well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back