advice on exhaust fumes...

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
^ They are local to me. I've even been blessed with the opportunity to share a meal or two at the Starkey's dinner table. Did you know they have SIX kids?

Had no Clue. Met Rebecca for the first time at NMRA Hebron in June. Also met the newest member of the family. Had me Justin at NMRA Bowling Green a couple years back. Man 6 kids? Wow!

At what boost level generally do you have to worry about blowing out the cats?

Not sure to be honest. But they will melt closed at the entry according to tuners I have talked to. I'm looking to eliminate mostly for efficiency by reducing back pressure.

I noticed the fuel smell more when I was catless na, I am fi now and run a mixed gas of 110 leaded and 93 and it doesn't smell nearly as bad- barely noticeable and I have a nose like a blood hound( I couldn't stand it na and almost switch to e-85 cause of it) I don't know if it is all attributed to the blend and lack of benzene and other additives that stink or if it is because when I went fi I was dyno tuned and when I was na I was emailed tuned with no log revisions just some minor tweeks per verbal info. _ Meaning my af ratio is more dialed in. marine gas has no additives and airplane fuel doesn't have all the chemicals in it that make it stink those are some other choice to mix with your 93- My car isn't a dd and only sees about 3500 miles a year. And race fuel is actually more readily available than e-85 actually. 6 different station with in 15-20 minutes.

Thanks. Good 411. Appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I only notice it when I back the car out of the garage. Beyond that never. And it doesn't bother me either. When I ran ms109 for a little while I actually enjoyed the scent.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back