AFCO Dual Pass Heat Exchanger w/Dual 10" Spal Fans

stanglifemike

aka boostedbanana
Reaction score
NICE!! Are all of the Afco's without fans the smaller one? I have a Afco on mine but it looks bigger than the one you posted without fans, maybe its my imagination, maybe I should measure it. Would you guys be willing to do trade-ins of the fanless Afco units? Also, will these fit on a GT? I believe mine is touching, or almost touching the black shield on the bottom side of the car?

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
NICE!! Are all of the Afco's without fans the smaller one? I have a Afco on mine but it looks bigger than the one you posted without fans, maybe its my imagination, maybe I should measure it. Would you guys be willing to do trade-ins of the fanless Afco units? Also, will these fit on a GT? I believe mine is touching, or almost touching the black shield on the bottom side of the car?

Mike,

There's only 2 AFCO heat exchangers available. The pro series 80280NDP and the 80280PRO. The regular pro series without fans is indeed the smaller of the 2.

I've been told by AFCO that the unit with fans will bolt right up just like their pro-series one does. However we still haven't verified if there are clearance issues. Regardless of which one you go with you'll have to re-route some hoses. I mention it because the hose routing on the GT is different then the GT500.

Lastly,
Unfortunately we don't offer trade-ins.

Hope that helps.

Jared

Unfortunately we don't offer trade-ins.

stanglifemike

aka boostedbanana
Reaction score
Thanks, yea I was halfway kidding about the trade-in comment, wishful thinking I suppose. As far as re-routing hoses, the inlet and outlet looks to be the same locations as my current Afco....or maybe that wasn't directed towards me, just a general statement. Once I see if this will work with a stock GT bumper, I think I'll purchase it along with a spare-tire location intercooler reservoir. Thanks for the info!!

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Just wanted to let you guys know that a customer of mine with a Saleen installed the AFCO heat exchanger with fans on his car and reported back to me letting me know it was a direct fit with no modification necessary.

DSC00904.jpg

fiverivers

forum member
Reaction score
How are are fan triggered, the gt 500 its just plug and play but its on the same way on the gt. I have roush p-51 and would like to know how would the fans be triggered.
thanks

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
How are are fan triggered, the gt 500 its just plug and play but its on the same way on the gt. I have roush p-51 and would like to know how would the fans be triggered.
thanks

The fans come on at the same time the intercooler pump turns on. So on your car now whatever temperature the IC pump is set at whenever it triggers the pump the fans would trigger as well.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

fiverivers

forum member
Reaction score
The fans come on at the same time the intercooler pump turns on. So on your car now whatever temperature the IC pump is set at whenever it triggers the pump the fans would trigger as well.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

that is only true for gt500, the roush p-51 is a gt with forged bottom end and tvs 2300, the IC pump come on when the key is on. since the stock doesn't come supercharged there is no code in the pcm for IC pump control. And I would think having two big fans running all the time wouldn't be that good for the battery.

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
that is only true for gt500, the roush p-51 is a gt with forged bottom end and tvs 2300, the IC pump come on when the key is on. since the stock doesn't come supercharged there is no code in the pcm for IC pump control. And I would think having two big fans running all the time wouldn't be that good for the battery.

Then you could wire it to a switch so that it would be hot when keyed on but it only run when the switch is turned on.

Jared

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back