Air Lift Performance hits the track

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
Saturday April 7 Air Lift Performance is heading to Gingerman Raceway in South Haven Michigan for a track day. If you are in the area be sure to stop by and check us out! We will have our 2005 Mustang GT there as well as our 550BHP AWD Subaru. If you can't make it out to the track don't worry I will have some cool videos to post next week!

5891324286_945cf8c2b8_o.jpg

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
Ok well the track video is not back from editing yet, but I do have some impressive track numbers for you guys! Here is some info to kind of put things in perspective....

Our car is a 2005 GT exhaust, tune, and CAI. Full leather interior, no roll bar or chassis stiffening parts. 315HP/320lb-ft at the crank 3:31 gear and an extremely worn set of 245 BFG R1 race tires 3518 pounds with out driver. Our best lap time 1.46.2

The car that holds the lap record at Gingerman is a full out race car Pontiac Firebird NASA CMC2 class 267WHP/317lb-ft at the wheels on coil overs with 275 Toyo R compound tires 3400 pounds without driver Lap record 1:45.8

Full race car 1:45.8
Pretty much stock GT with air suspension 1:46.2

I have a lot more data if any one is interested, by the way did I mention according to our GPS data monitor we were pulling well over a G on some of the turns!

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Ok well the track video is not back from editing yet, but I do have some impressive track numbers for you guys! Here is some info to kind of put things in perspective....

Our car is a 2005 GT exhaust, tune, and CAI. Full leather interior, no roll bar or chassis stiffening parts. 315HP/320lb-ft at the crank 3:31 gear and an extremely worn set of 245 BFG R1 race tires 3518 pounds with out driver. Our best lap time 1.46.2

The car that holds the lap record at Gingerman is a full out race car Pontiac Firebird NASA CMC2 class 267WHP/317lb-ft at the wheels on coil overs with 275 Toyo R compound tires 3400 pounds without driver Lap record 1:45.8

I have a lot more data if any one is interested, by the way did I mention according to our GPS data monitor we were pulling well over a G on some of the turns!

Very impressive, no doubt. Hell, almost the track record with a pretty much stock mustang.

Cant wait to see the video's.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score

That's encouraging!

sick3v

forum member
Reaction score
Thats really good numbers, I have been really looking into air suspension. I have been looking at your guy's kit and ridetech's kit. any pros or cons that you may know of? Does your kit offer adjustments for the shocks and struts at all?

Thank you for your time.

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
Thats really good numbers, I have been really looking into air suspension. I have been looking at your guy's kit and ridetech's kit. any pros or cons that you may know of? Does your kit offer adjustments for the shocks and struts at all?

Thank you for your time.

To be honest I do not know much about the Ridetech kit, so I can really only vouch for our kit. I can tell you that Ridetech does make some excellent products. We are constantly testing our products in our lab, on the track and in everyday driving to ensure everything we ship is of the highest quality. We have been in business since 1949 so we have a pretty good idea of what we are doing!

The shocks and struts are not adjustable as far a damping goes. The spring rate is adjustable depending on what air pressure you have in the bags. Please feel free to PM me or send me an email if you have any more questions! [email protected]

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
Front bumper is off and the brake ducts are going on, this means only one thing......Track night tonight WAHOOOOOO

060612142224.jpg

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
Well track day didn't turn out as planned.....We learned very quickly we should have used the Baer track brake pads rather than street pads :sigh1:. Within the first couple of laps the pads were completely gone. So we decided to leave the car at the track and I drove back down with my truck to get it next day. We did not get as much track time as we planned, but this little accident should show you guys we are not afraid to drive our test cars hard!

060712122241.jpg

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
Hows the car with the supercharger on it now? I bet it will fly around the track killing brake pads haha. How much of a difference did it make on your speeds?

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
Hows the car with the supercharger on it now? I bet it will fly around the track killing brake pads haha. How much of a difference did it make on your speeds?

On the street the supercharger is an absolute blast! We were just starting to hot lap the car before hooking up our data logger, so I am not really sure how much the Vortech supercharger helped to slash lap times.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back