Airbag light on, no apparent reason

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
the other day my airbag light and wrench light came on while I was driving. When I got home I hooked my laptop and checked with FORscan. The RCM can't read the DTC, the OCS has lost communication as well as ABS and instrument cluster have U0151 codes. I pulled console and the RCM is plugged in solidly and bolted down tight, etc. Does this indicate the RCM went bad?
**EDIT** my post got moved which is okay. But I should add that my car is a 2007 body but everything else is from a 2012. Interior, ALL the wiring, sensors, dash, steering column, HVAC, suspension, fuel system, engine, trans, etc. etc. and I did the swap a year or so ago. Everything has been working fine until the other day.

Last edited:

moooosestang

Reaction score
I assume you mean ecm? I thought only dealers could read airbag codes? some safety bs. Your clockspring in the steering will could have failed or failing. does the cruise still work?

JC SSP

Reaction score
Has your car had the air bags recall performed?

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
I assume you mean ecm? I thought only dealers could read airbag codes? some safety bs. Your clockspring in the steering will could have failed or failing. does the cruise still work?
I am referring to the restraints control module. It's the airbag control module mounted in the console. The cruise does still work. FORscan cannot read the DTC or code. FORscan is software you can use to diagnose the codes and even change certain things.

JC SSP

Reaction score
Yes I remember now that car was nicely converted. Check if the harness under the seat has been pinched. Just a suggestion…

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
Yes I remember now that car was nicely converted. Check if the harness under the seat has been pinched. Just a suggestion…
Thanks, I did check that and the sensors in the rocker panel as well as the module itself. all the connections and wires look okay.

Laga

Reaction score
Play around and wiggle with the wires and connections under the seats and see if the light goes off.
My 05 airbag light would come on occasionally. After checking the connection under the seats, everything , the wires and connections looked normal. Finally, I cut the wires and spliced in new connections. No more airbag light.

TARA-fied1

Reaction score
Play around and wiggle with the wires and connections under the seats and see if the light goes off.
My 05 airbag light would come on occasionally. After checking the connection under the seats, everything , the wires and connections looked normal. Finally, I cut the wires and spliced in new connections. No more airbag light.
I'll give that a try but FORscan does see the OCS (occupant sensor) or at least is can tell it has lost communication with the RCM. But it's worth a try!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back