AirLift/Rotiform Install Write Up with Lots of Pictures

DRock

Reaction score
Those wheels are what is making that damn car.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Attempted to dial some camber in. It's at 1.8 on one side. Gonna do 2* when I get some more time.

Having difficulty dialing the suspension, it's super bouncy at the moment.

hedesyty.jpg

u6a6emuz.jpg

Mocked up, almost done.

2y6yha6a.jpg

Ride height

byza9u2y.jpg

Jeremy@AirLift

forum member
Reaction score
If that is your ride height in the bottom pic, that would explain why it is bouncy going down the road. Looks like you have too much psi in the bags.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Might be the angle of the pic but the ass looks high @ ride height?

If that is your ride height in the bottom pic, that would explain why it is bouncy going down the road. Looks like you have too much psi in the bags.

That was a little more higher in the rear in this picture since I had to strategically load the car on the alignment rack.

I will try some different settings today on the car.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Looks like shit....I'll come pick it up tonight for you free just so you don't have to look at it any longer.

Can't wait to see it in person too bad I won't be able to see it at the rental :-(

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
^We will have to meet up soon to go cruisin'

Got back to the car today. Readjusted the ride height and the dampening.

Front: 65 psi 25 clicks from soft
Rear: 50 psi 15 clicks from soft

Ride is very smooth now and I love it.

I hear a ton of rubbing in the rear though. I'm probably going to have to stick the 3mm spacer back in and then readjust the shocks so when it airs out, it doesn't go too far down on the rear wheels. I know you all wanted to see tucking, but I'm not gonna roll the fenders right now or risk damaging the rear quarter.

dougie b

Reaction score
gallopingford I just read through your thread and I've gotta say you have one fine lookin ride. Luckily while drooling over this thread, I noticed you're in need of a photographer.....

let's just say I recently moved back to NOVA, so let's start snappin! I can do aerial shots as well. PM me if you're interested! Now get back to fixing the rubbing issues!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
gallopingford I just read through your thread and I've gotta say you have one fine lookin ride. Luckily while drooling over this thread, I noticed you're in need of a photographer.....

let's just say I recently moved back to NOVA, so let's start snappin! I can do aerial shots as well. PM me if you're interested! Now get back to fixing the rubbing issues!

This is great man! I will send you a PM now.

Update - Haven't been able to spend time on the car, but going to go visit it tomorrow and install the 3mm spacers and see if that fixes the rubbing.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Well, my luck sucked today, one of the spacers got damaged by accident - got stuck between the door of my truck and I wasn't paying attention and shut it on it... Time to order another set, but before I do, I'm going to try trimming more of the inner fender liner. I saw where it was rubbing and took some out and it made a little difference, but at the same time it is still rubbing somewhere mostly on the passenger side... making a huge vibrating humming sound.

However, I did order a couple things, including a smaller 2.5 gallon tank which is 6" shorter than the normal tank, a couple other fittings. I will probably install a second compressor next spring.

I just really want to get this done.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back