Alignment spec recommendation?

B2B

forum member
Reaction score
With maximum camber at the struts, my 18" track wheels are hitting the struts. Definitely don't get too greedy. :)

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Thanks. I hear you with this advice...so what are "good" street numbers? I assume they're something other than stock...
Back to this for a moment - it depends.

Mainly on your individual mix of highway driving, city/suburban driving, and particularly on how "enthusiastic" your average cornering happens to be. -1.5° is do-able as long as there is at least a fair amount of hard cornering or at least an occasional autocross involved or maybe closer to -1° if it's only occasionally "enthusiastic". Out toward -2° for purely street driving . . . you'd probably have to drive like most every corner is there to challenge you. :naughty1:

In street driving, firming up the suspension can be a mild argument for setting less aggressive camber than you might for the same drivng with all OE parts. But you'd have to avoid driving much harder than you did on the all-OE suspension even though the car probably now feels better about being driven harder.

Norm

Last edited:

claudermilk

Reaction score
Slotted strut camber adjustment is great and all...but the more camber you have at the strut/knuckle, the less inboard wheel clearance you have.

With maximum camber at the struts, my 18" track wheels are hitting the struts. Definitely don't get too greedy. :)
LOL ....and that resolves that. The AMR 18x10's barely fit as it is, so no slotting for me. I'll wait until the budget allows those nice coilovers.

I'm running OE camber for the street and the car still is more responsive than all stock. For track I drop to -2.75 and it gets even more responsive. That is the benefit of investing in good camber plates; if you are making the car dual use, IMHO it's a no-brainer.

mrgtx

forum member
Reaction score
Back to this for a moment - it depends.

Mainly on your individual mix of highway driving, city/suburban driving, and particularly on how "enthusiastic" your average cornering happens to be. -1.5° is do-able as long as there is at least a fair amount of hard cornering or at least an occasional autocross involved or maybe closer to -1° if it's only occasionally "enthusiastic". Out toward -2° for purely street driving . . . you'd probably have to drive like most every corner is there to challenge you. :naughty1:

In street driving, firming up the suspension can be a mild argument for setting less aggressive camber than you might for the same drivng with all OE parts. But you'd have to avoid driving much harder than you did on the all-OE suspension even though the car probably now feels better about being driven harder.

Norm

Thanks, Norm!!

So I have been ripping around corners whenever the conditions are safe to do so. But...my Ford also has to get me to work which involves 75% highway miles.

If I go -1.5* camber, zero toe, how much of a beat down will this put on my RA-11s? Is that considered a decent compromise?

The weather has remained cold/wet/etc here but I plan to schedule my alignment for mid next week.

MustASH

forum member
Reaction score
Just got my S197 out of alignment after installation of :

Koni Sport
H&R Race
MM CC Plates

-2.5* camber
-0.20* Total Toe-out (-.10/-.10)
7.5* Caster

Can't wait to return on track to test it all.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back