ALright Im upset.

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
Well went to the track last night on the drs, got a new PB. But Im still not happy with it.
60ft 1.87
330ft 5.42
1/8 8.3 @87.62
1/4 12.93 @107

Now i have ran a 12.99 on my toyos with a 1.98 60ft. So i know i should be running a whole lot better then what i ran. A little help.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Without side-stepping the clutch, you need to feed more throttle sooner, while releasing the clutch faster, as well. Don't bog the car, but give it enough rpm's without spinning the dr's. If the dr's are heated up properly, you shouldn't spin at all with your current power level.

You should be able to pull sixty foots in the 1.8 range, which in turn would net you about a two tenth improvement in your 1/4 mile ET's.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What was the weather like on the 12.99 run? The 12.93 run? Temp/humidity can make a pretty big difference. I don't know the direct relation to times, but on mine, temp change of 25 degrees slowed me down 2 tenths with humidity roughly the same.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i could never do better than a 1.84 with drag radials....ususally 1.9's. i switched to et street bias ply tires and dropped to 1.67-1.69 60' times consistently

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OP with your 1/8 mile time you should be in the mid 12's...... I don't understand why you're not. seems like your car is laying down a bit on the big end.

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
i remember my 12.88 run was with a 1.8x 60' and 8.35 1/8 but i was on 3.31s.

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
Without side-stepping the clutch, you need to feed more throttle sooner, while releasing the clutch faster, as well. Don't bog the car, but give it enough rpm's without spinning the dr's. If the dr's are heated up properly, you shouldn't spin at all with your current power level.

You should be able to pull sixty foots in the 1.8 range, which in turn would net you about a two tenth improvement in your 1/4 mile ET's.
My car didnt bog at all i actully spun the drs at about a 3.5k launch I tried it a little lower and I hooked up better.

What was the weather like on the 12.99 run? The 12.93 run? Temp/humidity can make a pretty big difference. I don't know the direct relation to times, but on mine, temp change of 25 degrees slowed me down 2 tenths with humidity roughly the same.
The weather last night was very dry air and cool about 65 I think. The night i ran the 12.99 was really humid.

OP with your 1/8 mile time you should be in the mid 12's...... I don't understand why you're not. seems like your car is laying down a bit on the big end.
It pulls strong the whole way through. On the 12.93 run I lost by .0005 to a fox and i was catching him on the big end so i dont know.

My goal on the drs is about 12.7x if possible. I would also like to give it another shot with the drs i just have to share them with my dad. Is there anything else you can think of to help me hit my goal?

06whipple

what tire pressure were you at...do you have stock control arms?

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
In the 1/8th you had 2 mph more than me but on the big end we trapped the same. 12.7 definately is not out of hte question with your mods.

06whipple

I run nittos and find that 22-25 psi gives me the best 60 foots...get control arms too. Ive also had issues with the stock traction lok clutches slipping on the left side...costs about .15 in 60 foot

Last edited by a moderator:

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
I asked my buddy he said both tires went so I think Im alright in that deparment. I am already pricing cams so I just gonna try to hit 12.5x or better but we will see.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Instead of cams invest in some 15" rims / bia's ply tires... best investment if you really want to knock down your et's

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
Instead of cams invest in some 15" rims / bia's ply tires... best investment if you really want to knock down your et's
Well Im really only gonna have about 750 to play with so cams seem a little better and plus I really dont have a place to store a set of big and littles even though that would be the shit.

06whipple

the issue with the traction lok is that when you are hooking good the clutches on the left start to slip...you won't see it but sometimes you can feel it. When my diff was rebuilt I gained almost .3 in et

06whipple

N/A guys who are real good are able to cut low 1.6s to high 1.5s with drag radials. You should be 12.3 ish in no time. I've seen a few guys with your mods runnin really low 12s. Spend your money on drivetrain and traction.

Last edited by a moderator:

qwikhuh

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but what kind of drag radials? How long of a burnout? What rear control arms? Drag radials are not a magic elixer for hook, everything else has to be right for them to work. Too many people throw drag radials on their car and expect instant traction. Tire pressure, heat, suspension, launch rpm, rtc all come into play. With full size 17's at all 4 corners I have been 1.68 on MTs and 1.74 on nittos and others here have been even quicker.

red_baron06

Boost
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but what kind of drag radials? How long of a burnout? What rear control arms? Drag radials are not a magic elixer for hook, everything else has to be right for them to work. Too many people throw drag radials on their car and expect instant traction. Tire pressure, heat, suspension, launch rpm, rtc all come into play. With full size 17's at all 4 corners I have been 1.68 on MTs and 1.74 on nittos and others here have been even quicker.
I was on Mt drs, I did my burnout till I thought I was good (maybe I wasnt), and stock control arms. On this run I was at 19.5 psi and launched at about 3k.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back