altitude and compression/pressure

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Bud I am assuming bandimere then?

To be that far down in the figures you posted. Shoot it had to be an easy 7000' DA. Maybe worse. 75mm pulley is supposed to be 13psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Bud what was your approximate density altitude at the time you got those figures? TIA

lol OK. Kinda ridiculous to quit a decent job, sell property, and then start over after moving cross country (pita) just so you can have a more efficient boosted car.

I'm a get to the root of the problem guy.:gr_grin:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
lol

Need to take the car to the laboratory aka race track. See what it traps. Go from there. End of story.

Most likely will need to pulley down but if it runs mid 11s I may leave it alone.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Bud I am assuming bandimere then?

To be that far down in the figures you posted. Shoot it had to be an easy 7000' DA. Maybe worse. 75mm pulley is supposed to be 13psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

I found a slip from back then, it was 69mm pulley, OR-H, and on 265 MT's on stock wheels. Everything else stock. I'd think tuning on these setups has improved since then so could probably expect to be quicker these days.

Dragtimes says DA was around 7230' at the time:

2l89lkg.jpg

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Hey Bud thanks for the info. I appreciate the real world results and fact sharing.

I'm not sure what the efficiency range of this supercharger is. Regardless I don't want to convert to 8 rib and from what I've read anything less than a 72mm pulley and belt slip starts to become an issue. So that will probably be the limit. It runs what it runs at that point. Maybe should've bought a bigger supercharger like the whipple.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Exact same thinking I went down and why I moved to the whipple 2.9 which I think was a big ol waste of money/time. In the end it was just trying to spin a bigger blower on the same 6 rib belt which didn't help. The TVS is almost as good in my eyes, even being smaller.

I think if you are looking for the 11.5 range you will get there easily with a 72mm on the TVS.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
VMP said I can go with the 72mm pulley and recommended I add a 90mm idler along with it. I have seen the diagram on their website and it doesn't seem to indicate exactly which idler you replace on the 2011+ GT. Anyone want to share where the 90mm is supposed to go? I am assuming it is the top most one on the upper bracket.

Also won't need a re-tune from what I was told. Looking forward to installing and testing this once I get a baseline with the existing setup.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Hey thanks. Looks like that should be pretty easy to do then. Did you use a torque value when securing the fastener?

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Hey thanks. Looks like that should be pretty easy to do then. Did you use a torque value when securing the fastener?

That was too long back for me to remember unfortunately, I have troubles remembering what happened yesterday

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back