American Racing or Kooks Headers???

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm really stumped right now. I can not come down to a decision on these headers! I know these are it for sure and exactly what I want. The thing is I'm worried that the ARH's will put out a little more with the longer tubing, and bigger primary. It would either be...

- American Racing 1-3/4" Long Tube Headers w/ O/R X Pipe
- Kooks 1-5/8" Long Tube Headers w/ O/R X Pipe

I can't decide. I can get the Kooks at a damn good price brand new never opened and am really leaning towards them, but I really want the ARH's!!! Ugghhhh it's really killing me right now. What do I do? Please help me!!!

Also, I won't be going forced induction anytime soon but maybe some nitrous, so that alone give the Kooks some points. But I just don't know....

- Justin

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm really stumped right now. I can not come down to a decision on these headers! I know these are it for sure and exactly what I want. The thing is I'm worried that the ARH's will put out a little more with the longer tubing, and bigger primary. It would either be...

- American Racing 1-3/4" Long Tube Headers w/ O/R X Pipe
- Kooks 1-5/8" Long Tube Headers w/ O/R X Pipe

I can't decide. I can get the Kooks at a damn good price brand new never opened and am really leaning towards them, but I really want the ARH's!!! Ugghhhh it's really killing me right now. What do I do? Please help me!!!

Also, I won't be going forced induction anytime soon but maybe some nitrous, so that alone give the Kooks some points. But I just don't know....

- Justin

I chose the kooks for the same reason you are considering them...a great deal....I had them before I went s/c....the gains were nice ...the torque even better....if I could do it all over again...i would still choose the kooks for the deal

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey, could ya pm me with the price you got yours for? It's really killing me right now and I'm been thinking about it soo hard!!

Thanks,

- Justin

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you are considering N20 in the future, definitely go with 1 3/4 primary pipe headers. I dropped .25 off of my ET in the 1/8th mile going with Long tubes and a catted X-pipe.

I went with Dynatech headers---1 3/4 primary pipe---for the same reason, I got an awesome deal on them. Plus, the cats flow so good they literally come apart :stir::stir::stir:

No question, from what I have seen, the ARH long tubes are an awesome quality product---but I have heard alot of good feedback on the Kooks as well. I think Kevin (Slofoot) runs them.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yup, I hear they do LITERALLY come apart!!!

I'm really wanting O/R though. I was recommended Dynatech the other day as racers such as Peter Del Pino use them. But, after hearing Don's response on them and the countless times he's posted in threads...

DON'T BUY DYNATECHS!! :fu:

I've kind of leaned away from them...

Would having 1-3/4" Primaries be a HUGE, DRAMATIC difference over the 1-5/8" Kooks? Of course in N/A form and nitrous...

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
Once it is done, it is done. Sooo, that being said, I don't think you would ever say "I should have bought the Kooks". I can, however, see you buying the Kooks and saying "I should have bought the American Racing Headers". Spending a little extra dough for what you really want is always the best route!! Kooks are great, American Racing 1 3/4" are freaking awesome!

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Once it is done, it is done. Sooo, that being said, I don't think you would ever say "I should have bought the Kooks". I can, however, see you buying the Kooks and saying "I should have bought the American Racing Headers". Spending a little extra dough for what you really want is always the best route!! Kooks are great, American Racing 1 3/4" are freaking awesome!

You have the H pipe? Right? I hear that sounds freaking mean as hell!!

I'm really just stuck right now...and it's killing me. As you said, I can, however, see you buying the Kooks and saying "I should have bought the American Racing Headers".

I see my self saying that. I don't care how much power difference I guess but am more concerned with ET's!

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I have the Kooks on my car. BAD ASS! they still look brand new, and they have been on the car for 5 months. As for the OR H pipe, I have a set up Jim made. The car sounded bad with out the cats, so we put mid-pipe mufflers in there. It is free flowing, cost 1.2 hp on the dyno, but car sounds sooooo much better. There was a rasp to the car, that is gone now. Car still sounds killer under power, nice and docile at idle!

travelers

Reaction score
I have the ARH waiting to go on when I get home form this trip. They are the best headers I have seen. I talked with Nick the owner and he will custome make a mod if you need something special. He has also come up with the H pipe with and without cats. Just some fuel for the fire

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the Kooks on my car. BAD ASS! they still look brand new, and they have been on the car for 5 months.

Same here. Mine have been on for probably 9 months or so and people ask me all the time if I had the coated ( which I didn't ).

matt texass

Reaction score
kooks are great the only reason i didnt have them is i got my whole jba set up for 400

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
American Racing All the way!. Nick stands behind his products 100%

Jon_Purdy

forum member
Reaction score
I have the ARH waiting to go on when I get home form this trip. They are the best headers I have seen. I talked with Nick the owner and he will custome make a mod if you need something special. He has also come up with the H pipe with and without cats. Just some fuel for the fire

I'd like to see a photo of that h-pipe with cats. The LT's look fantastic.

Jon

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I do this, I'm going to go with ARH 1 5/8 catted X. I've heard the install is clean. I guess I'll have to get it dyno-tuned again...

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the install of the ARH headers is amazingly clean and pretty simple IMO

travelers

Reaction score
I didn't have any problems except the bolts on the left side last two cylinders were tough to get my hands in there to get them started.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back