AmericanMuscle 2011 Mustang V6 Auto - Stock vs. Tuned Track Results

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
UPDATED WITH VIDEO!!

Don't know whether this goes here, or the 2005+ 4.0 Tech section? But I'll throw it here, and see what happens.

After extensive dyno testing, street tuning and datalogging, we knew to go further with the 2011 3.7 V6's we'd have to purchase one of our own.

So this last weekend the AmericanMuscle team brought our brand new Race Red V6 3.7 Auto down to Cecil County Dragway in Maryland. We wanted to get a really good baseline of what this car is capable of at the track. With less than 100 miles on the car, stock tires, stock pressure, stock everything - we let her rip!

On 87 octane, the car went a best of 14.271 @ 100.10 MPH! Not too bad for a stock auto V6 Mustang (compare historically)! With the 2.73's you can let it rip pretty hard! The car is a pleasure to launch!

So with that being said, it was time to see what a Bama custom tune could do. Keep in mind, this was again - 87 octane, fresh off the showroom floor! With nothing other than a calibration change (87 Performance), we were able to get her down the track in 13.73 seconds @ 104.04 MPH!

*Sorry about the crap iphone4 picture & disregard reaction times, we were focusing on a consistent launch and the best possible results.
v6stkvsbama.JPG

Video to come this week! Tell us what you think?

Last edited:

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Damn thats stock 3V GT ET with a little bit higher trap than typical for them WOW talk about a sleeper!

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Wow, looks like the 3.7 responds really well to a tune also. Those times are right in line with a stock auto Camaro SS. LOL

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
With 2.73s, too. I was really shocked. I can imagine once we throw some 3.73's a CAI and 93 octane. These tires wont be good for much more than low-13's, though.

dsblk93gt

Reaction score
Nice!! Was it spinning? 60fts could be alot better but wasn't sure if it was bogging or spinning..

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Nice!! Was it spinning? 60fts could be alot better but wasn't sure if it was bogging or spinning..

Spinning with stock tire pressure - I'm thinking there's probably another 1/10th or 2 in the launch - but that's the best we could get it without bogging on stock tires.

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We're pretty happy with it thus far. Let's see what happens within the next week or two.

Corpo

I
Reaction score
I can't remember which mag did a corner carving test of various cars that I also can't remember, lol. I think it was motor trend. The v6 'handled' better then most. I think it was a comparison of the base models of the pony cars.

Really is the performance bargin of the year

martino

Reaction score
that is some amazing numbers for a stocker....awesome sleeper......thinking ahead just imagine what the eco boost engine will do when it comes out on the mustang....

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We've got a bunch of guys who have been driving, lately. This last weekend we brought 6 cars to Cecil County. The V6 was driven by Steve, one of the owners of AmericanMuscle, who really did awesome. I'm thinking he might be driving again this weekend if he gets a chance, otherwise myself or Mike Wilson of Bama.

GoFaster06

forum member
Reaction score
We've got a bunch of guys who have been driving, lately. This last weekend we brought 6 cars to Cecil County. The V6 was driven by Steve, one of the owners of AmericanMuscle, who really did awesome. I'm thinking he might be driving again this weekend if he gets a chance, otherwise myself or Mike Wilson of Bama.

Cool, hope the weather cooperates.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back