Another possible throttle body option

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm graduating college this semester and landed a job luckily...soo I am thinking about upgrading from my supercharged sixxer to the new 5.0 given some time. I have been reading threads to educate myself on this awesome new machine so I know whats what when the time comes.

I see that the throttle body is a hot topic... From what I understand the manifold it 83mm and the TB is 80mm...the upgraded versions are 82mm by L&M and cost around $400.

There is a gentleman by the name of Jerry that does porting and polishing work to throttle bodies. I have one of his products on my 4.0 and I must say I am very satisfied with his work. The throttle body came polished to a mirror finish inside and out and improved power and throttle response on my X-Charged six. He did not port my throttle body, but cleaned everything up including the blade and shaved the screws that connect it to the shaft.

Some results of his work on a flow bench are the following:
Stock 65mm = 695cfm
Modded 65mm = 778cfm
Zaptech 68mm = 805 cfm
Stock 75mm = 977 cfm
Modded 75mm = 1050 cfm

His price for the 65mm was the best part. I think it was 65 bux for a modded 65mm and 40 bux if you sent one back to him...so for 40 bux I added power, response, and looks under the hood.

I do not know if he plans to port out 80mm TBs or clean them up like the others. I spoke with him today and he said that he has not had a chance to get his hands on one yet...so everything is TBD...

So, does anyone here have a stock 80mm TB they want to sell or donate to him for prototyping and testing so others may benefit from his work?

Heres a thread form the collective to show his work:

http://mustangcollective.com/showthread.php?t=32025&highlight=throttle+body

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
I really can't say since I am not the one doing the work and he has yet to get his hands on one.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back