• Yeah it's totaled

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • No..we have the technology

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
You can help it total by telling them that the paint won't match unless they blend further out, although you're not really in a demanding position since it wasn't someone else's fault. Let the insurance adjuster make his estimate, then the body shop will do theirs, which usually asks for more money and find other things that the insurance company missed. Depends on millage and condition of the car weather it'll total or not. Glad you're ok OP.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
This is why we all carry insurance cause shit happens. Good luck OP.

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad u ok. Hope it all works out the way u want. Just to let u know, some dude on this forum, I forgot his name, from NJ, is selling a vicious GT500 dressed in white. Good luck.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if they don't total it, you may need to inquire with your insuranc company about a diminished value claim, perhaps.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
That sucks bud. It's possibly totaled. Mine was just totaled and they valued it at a little over 17k with about 55k miles on it.

RIDDLER

forum member
Reaction score
Mine has 57300 +/- and I looked at both nada and kbb and its right in the $16k area. I think its at 65% loss so hopefully that's enough.

Kyle: Glad you made it out alright man. Have you decided on a new ride yet?

Sent using my F'n brick

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
It will be close for you. Yours was right aroun the same as mine mileage wise. I picked up a 06 Tahoe Z71 for now until summer. Them I'm getting a 13 or 14 5.0 in white or dib. But I will keep the Tahoe for a dd.

RIDDLER

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. I talked to my agent at state farm and she said state farm is fairly lenient on this type of matter. So hoping for the best.

Sent using my F'n brick

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
That's my insurance company as well and they have always taken care of me. Best o luck on getting a nice new ride.

RIDDLER

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Sent using my F'n brick

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
I had a similar accident with nearly identical damage and mine was $13k when everything was said and done. This was in May of last year so it didn't even come close to totaling out (2009 with 32k miles and no real suspension damage). I did end up getting a new rear end since it was cheaper to do that than to do the labor to fix or replace just one side of the rear axle.

If you're hoping to get out of it, make them go over it again and look for paint chips, damaged exhaust, your spare tire well (found that in mine when it was almost down— added another $800 in body work), everything. It sounds like you're so close to totaling out that I'd hate for them to start working on it just to find more shit.

Glad you're okay! Good luck either way!

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Well just got back from the body shop, estimated damage is now right at $12k. Once they put it on the lift they found all kinds of damage. Apparently it twisted the floor pan as well. Sucks cause I love that damn car but no sense in wasting money.

Sent using my F'n brick

Glad you are OK. I would bet it will total out if the damage is at 12K and could possibly go higher. Good luck man!

RIDDLER

forum member
Reaction score
Well just got the call from the insurance. She was determined totaled from the estimated damage. Now begins the search for the replacement.

Sent using my F'n brick

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Well just got the call from the insurance. She was determined totaled from the estimated damage. Now begins the search for the replacement.

Sent using my F'n brick

Sorry to hear man, but that is almost better to hear. What you looking for now?

RIDDLER

forum member
Reaction score
Well I have 18 days till I leave for basic training, so I have about 6 months to decide.

Here's my list of cars I'm considering though :

2013 5.0
03-04 cobra
07-10 GT500
2013 Evo x
06-07 Cummins
03-04 C5 Z06
05+ C6 LS3

Pretty lengthy list but like I said I have plenty of time to decide. As you can tell I'm not really brand loyal, if it looks good and is fast I'll drive it lol.

Sent using my F'n brick

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go with a truck. They get boring quick. I like driving one for a dd. but miss a fast car everyday. I would say either the 5.0 or a c6

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back