• Yeah it's totaled

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • No..we have the technology

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
Where did you find yours at? I'm really liking the grabber blue, then white, ghig, dark grey.

Sent using my F'n brick

I actually got mine at bill Collins here in louisville. But car gurus has some really good deals. Only problem is most of the great deals are far-ish away. I've gotten pretty good at buying cars, I used to help my marines get really good deals on their cars when I was in NC

RIDDLER

forum member
Reaction score
I found a black 2013 gt 6 speed for $28k that is 52 miles away, but they didn't have any legit pics up yet. Hopefully they reply to my email. Was also thinking of looking at an auto, but haven't decided if I could go back to an auto.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
autotrader and craigslist is where I'd be looking. Also svtperformance market place or any shelby/gt500 forum market place.

RIDDLER

forum member
Reaction score
autotrader and craigslist is where I'd be looking. Also svtperformance market place or any shelby/gt500 forum market place.

Been on all three since Tuesday lol. Searching like a hawk.

Sent using my F'n brick

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Don't count your chickens too soon though, military pay is alright, benefits are good. But wait until you got your station and such before you truly decide.

As it seems you are doing. Goodluck man!

Take this advice man! I can't tell you how many guys I saw come straight out of basic and go buy a $30k plus car as an E1/E2, while still in tech school mind you. Then after car payment and insurance not even have enough to buy gas for the thing throughout the month.
Waiting would be your best bet at this point. It would suck to pick up a new car just days before leaving and then get stationed over seas or in some place like minot ND where you might only get to drive it 5-6 months out of the year.
Just think it through before you make a decision and you'll be fine. Just my .02¢

RIDDLER

forum member
Reaction score
Oh believe me I'm on the same page brother. I'm not planning on buying something until about 2 months after I get stationed. Right now I'm just trying to track down cars at local dealers so I can test drive the cars on my list and use that in my deciding.

While where at it, when do I actually start making my e-3 pay (signed for 6)? And also is there any increase in pay for being married?

Sent using my F'n brick

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Oh believe me I'm on the same page brother. I'm not planning on buying something until about 2 months after I get stationed. Right now I'm just trying to track down cars at local dealers so I can test drive the cars on my list and use that in my deciding.

While where at it, when do I actually start making my e-3 pay (signed for 6)? And also is there any increase in pay for being married?

Sent using my F'n brick

You get separation pay while you're gone. I do believe you get more while you're married as well in general.

Misfit_5.0

Tools Required: Beer
Reaction score
You should start getting family separation pay 30 days after you are gone for training. You will get BAH (basic allowance for housing) which is based off of the zip code where your spouse is while in training. E-3 comes at 1 year time in service unless you get a waiver which means you will get it early. I think the earliest you can get it is around 8-9 months.

Sent using my F'n brick

RIDDLER

forum member
Reaction score
I may just have to ask my recruiter. The way I understood it was that I would be getting my E-3 pay after tech school. Keep getting different answers online so I'll just ask him. Just trying to figure out how much I can build up while I'm away for a down payment.

Sent using my F'n brick

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
It all depends on your contract brother. My buddy and I both went in as E2s but I signed 4 and he signed 6 and when we sewn on rank at graduation he went to E3. At that time it was set up where if you signed for 6 then you immediately ranked up at graduation from basic.
But like I said, its all about what's in your contract. Trust me.. READ THAT THING! LOL. I had a good recruiter but there are some duds out there.
on a side note. Your about to have the time of your life man. Basic will suck at first just because of the homesickness. But try to get over it as quick as possible and as dumb as it sounds, enjoy basic. Hopefully you'll get in a good flight and get a good TI, good dorm chief and good element leaders. And if your really lucky you'll get to be in the 331st training squadron and be a lifelong Wolf Pack member. That's the squadron that turns out all the hardcore Airmen! Ask me how I know:thumbup::D btw don't listen to any of these other guys about different squadrons, I think the rest are for if you bake and that kind of stuff LOL

Flame suit on!

RIDDLER

forum member
Reaction score
It all depends on your contract brother. My buddy and I both went in as E2s but I signed 4 and he signed 6 and when we sewn on rank at graduation he went to E3. At that time it was set up where if you signed for 6 then you immediately ranked up at graduation from basic.
But like I said, its all about what's in your contract. Trust me.. READ THAT THING! LOL. I had a good recruiter but there are some duds out there.
on a side note. Your about to have the time of your life man. Basic will suck at first just because of the homesickness. But try to get over it as quick as possible and as dumb as it sounds, enjoy basic. Hopefully you'll get in a good flight and get a good TI, good dorm chief and good element leaders. And if your really lucky you'll get to be in the 331st training squadron and be a lifelong Wolf Pack member. That's the squadron that turns out all the hardcore Airmen! Ask me how I know:thumbup::D btw don't listen to any of these other guys about different squadrons, I think the rest are for if you bake and that kind of stuff LOL

Flame suit on!

I believe that's how it was when I sore in on February of 2012. When went in they where pushing us to sign for 6 due to the recent cuts. I was told if I signed for 6 I would automatically get E-3 when I graduated basic. I just wondering when I will actually start getting my pay increase?

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
The instant you get your paperwork saying you got the promotion is when you'll get your pay. I have no clue on the paperwork numbers for Air Force.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Seeing several decent looking 07-09 GT500 cars on autotrader right now, 6-20Kish miles, asking $30-32K. I'm sure you could probably get them to come down a bit. So if OP doesn't mind traveling there are cars out there right now.

RIDDLER

forum member
Reaction score
Hell when it comes time for me to buy, I won't mind flying out if I have to. Just really have to decide on what I truly want to pay on.

Thought about just picking up a clean notch back for a dd when I get stationed. The wife and I really like the C6 Z06's. So getting a dd and just saving for a weekend toy may be an alternative as well.

Sent using my F'n brick

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
This^^^^^^^ is EXACTLY what I would do! Can have a cool Mustang and the best looking vette of since the split window stingray.

RIDDLER

forum member
Reaction score
This^^^^^^^ is EXACTLY what I would do! Can have a cool Mustang and the best looking vette of since the split window stingray.

Honestly this is probably what will happen. Cause I don't want to settle for something that I don't totally want like last time. The c6z is just an absolute beast n/a, and just looks so sexy lol.

By the way did you ever get that turbo kit installed?

Sent using my F'n brick

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back