Any Golfers?? Check out my first birdie!!

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Well, not the kind you put on the score card.. but an unfortunate bird that was in the wrong place at the wrong time!

I was playing last night and left myself in a bad situation under a tree with a pond between me and the green. So I had to get creative and hit a big iron with a hope to skip the ball across the water as there was no room to loft the ball over the tree. The plan worked, but this poor bird happened to be right in front of the green and took a direct hit on the fly. We heard a "thud" followed by seeing this motionless carcass laying in the grass on the front edge of the green.

Birdie.jpg

ChrisDR

Reaction score
Haha congratulations, you're like Randy Johnson except on the golf course. At least there wasn't an explosion of feathers.

Back in high school, my buddy was at golf practice at a county club in the hills. They were at the driving range and their coach was trying to teach them something (the operating word here being trying; the guy was horrible). Anyway, the coach teed off and hit a line drive right at a deer's neck. The deer took two steps and dropped dead. That was probably the best shot the coach ever had.

Rob1968

forum member
Reaction score
LOL! Awesome.

I was at an amateur tourney with my buddy who was and still is an amazing golfer. On a par 5 he was lying one off the tee and had 275 Ish to the green and pulled out his driver. There were about 6 geese about 50 yards ahead of him and he wanted to go shoo them away, but his grandfather told him to just hit the ball. As the ball took flight so did the gaggle of geese. Split second later one of them flopped on the ground dead and there were feathers everywhere.
It was hilarious and he still managed to get to the green in three and birdie the hole.

JimC

Reaction score
I didn't get a birdie - but couldn't figure out how to score a "squirrel" on my card one time. Hit the ball and a squirrel decided it would be a good time to run across the fairway. Ball hit the squirrel after one bounce.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back