Any landscapers???

Boozshey

Reaction score
I need help with figuring out my front landscaping. It's a pretty blank canvas. I don't want to spend a million on it but any ideas would be great. If you are good at that sort of thing please let me know and I will get you some pics...

Thanks...

house2.jpg

house1.jpg

Last edited:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fly me there and I'll landscape your yard for you. I even come with references....really.

Working with plants and the earth and design, very fun and enjoyable stuff.

Have you asked your local garden center for some assistance???

Boozshey

Reaction score
Nah, every place I go they want design money. I don't want to spend a lot on it, I will be moving in about a year, just want it to look nice.

Liberty911

forum member
Reaction score
I'd run some hedges in the area along the front walk way. Maybe an a stago palm and some birds of paradise at the left corner to separate your home from the neighbors. Then add some Malibu lighting. Do you have a HOA? In FLA, the'll sue you if you don't get prior consent. The biggest thing is to go with drought tolerant landscaping. You may also want to put down some cinch bug killer. I would also add some wood front doors with some glass work.

Joser281

Reaction score
How about like a little fountain in the middle? Also as mentioned before a hedge line going between you and your neighbors property would look good too... Hmmm.... maybe some roses near the walk way. That way when you'll be selling the house the wife of the buyer will be like "Oh honey I want this house because it has lovely flowers and the fountain in the front looks so extravagant" because we all know the woman is what seals the deal, right? lol :beer:

bcb06gt

Reaction score
I would make the end of the garden larger on the left side to accomidate either a crape mertle, queen palm, olive tree, etc. The front area of the walk on the left side should have color flowers (annuals), as should the inside right corner, and maybe space them up the walk also. Fill in with some hawthorns and some other hedges that can be groomed into ball shaped (I think we have holly bushes). I would use the holly bushes up the walk as the are small in overall size (18x18). Hawthorns get bigger. All that stuff is relatively inexpensive, easy to trim and up keep.

Maybe a little color on front of the window on the left side with some hawthorn, or hedge.

I would stick with 3 types of plants (non annuals), one or two types of annual color and then the one tree. Assuming almost all areas get lots of sun.

Boozshey

Reaction score
The front of the house gets sun nearly all day. The walkway only in the morning.

Boozshey

Reaction score
4.6L Iron Block, Saleen Supershaker, misc other car parts...

For real though, not the least, my car has been giving me so many problems that I haven't even thought about the front yard. :( Priorities... haha

Joser281

Reaction score
Ah gotcha. You lost me for a second there. I thought your car was back and running like before. Yeah I would prefer to spend on the car first before I spend on the yard, too.

Boozshey

Reaction score
The car will run until it gets to operating temps then goes to shit fast. have another thread on it... :(

Joser281

Reaction score
Shit that sucks. Good luck with that, man. Hope you get it taken care of soon. I'll look for your other thread to read more about it.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
I'd say extend the garden to the back fence, plant some flowers, add flowering bushes(ex- roses) in the front garden, and plant a tree(IMO oak or ash) in the front yard. ;)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back