Anyone apply an adhesive emblem onto a sticker?

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score
My 2011 Mustang GT, before I purchased it, was outfitted with Roush body parts and stickers.

Of course, the 5.0 emblem was removed, and the "hockey stick" style flat black stickers were applied to the side.

I decided to go with it, and finish off the car with everything it needs to look like a genuine Roush. So, it needs the "R" fender badge.

The issue is, of course, I will have to apply the adhesive emblem on top of the flat black sticker.

Has anyone done this? Any issues? Anything I should know before attempting it?

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Isn't that how Roush does them from the factory? I would think it should be fine. The vinyl isn't going anywhere so as long as you aren't yanking on the emblem, it should stay where you put it.

outkast09

Reaction score
Isn't that how Roush does them from the factory? I would think it should be fine. The vinyl isn't going anywhere so as long as you aren't yanking on the emblem, it should stay where you put it.

+1 yea you will be fine putting the sicker on over it.

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score

Well, i never checked out a real Roush, so I was unsure if they used an adhesive one, or if they used the existing holes left by the 5.0 emblem.

thanks for the input guys

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Good to know. I was actually wondering about this as well since I'm putting hockey stripes on mine but want to remove the stock GT emblem and probably put the "Powered by Ford" ones on.

Jwoo8804

Reaction score
On my hockey stick stripe there is a small window where the fender badge with the adhesive is applied to bare metal , so I don't know if it makes a difference or not. But, that's the way Roush did it.

Attachments

• mustang 6.jpg
    mustang 6.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 6

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score
On my hockey stick stripe there is a small window where the fender badge with the adhesive is applied to bare metal , so I don't know if it makes a difference or not. But, that's the way Roush did it.

Hmm. I wonder if I should carefully cut a square out of my sticker with an exacto knife. Use the badge as a template.

Jwoo8804

Reaction score
Hmm. I wonder if I should carefully cut a square out of my sticker with an exacto knife. Use the badge as a template.

If I were you I wouldn't go through that much trouble for such little noticeable difference. I would think it would stick to a vinyl stripe just as well as bare metal. But, at the end of the day you have to live with the result, so do what you think looks best.

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score
If I were you I wouldn't go through that much trouble for such little noticeable difference. I would think it would stick to a vinyl stripe just as well as bare metal. But, at the end of the day you have to live with the result, so do what you think looks best.

I have no issues with the looks. I am sure it will look just fine either way. I was questioning it staying on, that's all.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back