Anyone Cleaning their Plugs After Running Leaded Fuel?

Hysteria

0 .· ` ' / ·. 30 psi
Reaction score
I pretty much go to the track at least once a month or so. I run 93 on the street, but use C16 at the track. I use Accel Plugs ($150 a set) and change them out before I make a pass (these plugs are so temperamental to performance). It's a pain in the ass to throw away a set of plugs everytime I go to the track.

Does anyone running Leaded Fuel and Races, clean their plugs with any success???

What are you using.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why on earth would you run leaded fuel? There is just no need for it with today's high quality unleaded race fuel.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I have not run leaded, but I can tell you that with the unleaded, once the plugs and O2 sensors were contaminated... they needed to be replaced. I tried cleaning them and got unreliable performance at best.

fin1

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have not run leaded, but I can tell you that with the unleaded, once the plugs and O2 sensors were contaminated... they needed to be replaced. I tried cleaning them and got unreliable performance at best.

+1.

madrussian

T-101
Reaction score
I killed 2 out of 4 O2 sensors by putting in 3 gallons of 110 leaded in my 04 audi. Gas station atendant was convinced that 110 that they had was unleaded, stupid deepshit. My audi is set up to run on 91, 92, 93 and 100+ octane as long as its unleaded. I was told by my tuner that anything new with O2 sensors, fuel injectors, catalic converters has to use unleaded gas, older carb cars without any of that can run leaded. Just my understanding.

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score
C16 is a plug killer. There is no real cheap way to fix it eithir. One of our guys in the back his car is always on C16 street/track, and we go through alot of plugs in his car. the only thing you can do to get maxium life from spark plugs is use a better igntion system. we are putting the dual MSD dis-4 boxes on his car this week. the lead in the plugs really tears them up.

http://store.jpcracing.com/MSD-Twin-DIS-4-Plus-Box-Kit-_p_1382.html

Attachments

• L5.jpg
    L5.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 9

Hysteria

0 .· ` ' / ·. 30 psi
Reaction score
Thanks Eric! I wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one having the the same problems.

Appreciate your input!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back