Anyone from North Carolina, or may know about this 2010 GT500?

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Bought this for my dealership at auction last week in Statesville, N.C, and haven't gotten it yet. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this car or it's previous owner? It is a 2010 with 92,000 miles. From what I can tell, it is lowered and has the 2011-2012 SVTPP wheels. Other than that I have no info. Really just want to know what to expect when I do get it. Carfax indicates it was at Capital Ford in Rocky Mount, N.C, then at University Ford in North Durham, NC.

Any and all info is appreciated.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think I see a dry wall screw in the exhaust pipe........

Nice car. Can I ask you "about" how much this cost you? I want to attend a few auctions to see what its about.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
I think I see a dry wall screw in the exhaust pipe........

Nice car. Can I ask you "about" how much this cost you? I want to attend a few auctions to see what its about.

Hahaha, it passed a post sale inspection. No drywall screws were found...yet!
I picked it up for just a hair under $30k. Mileage has never bothered me on a car that I plan to drive, but that's because 90% of my work is exporting high mileage, late model cars. Hopefully it's as nice as it looks in the pictures. I can't wait to get it.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Capital Ford has a good reputation and has a lot of higher end mustangs so in theory it should be good, congrats!

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Sounds like a great price! I'm sure you'd be able to unload it for $35K easily. Is this going to be your new personal car, or just buying it to re-sell?

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great price! I'm sure you'd be able to unload it for $35K easily. Is this going to be your new personal car, or just buying it to re-sell?

I really bought it for myself, but we'll see what happens by the time it gets here. I'm having trouble getting it transported for some reason.

:yo: Gimmie those wheels!

Pay me!

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
I'm about a little over an hour from rocky mount. I can speak for the dealership as they sell alot of mustangs more "special" mustangs like cobras, gt500, roushes, and aftermarket upgraded mustangs. They also work a deal with Fastlane Motorsports and they have sold a couple "Fastlane Motorsports Editions". The "capital" dealership as a whole is very fair and are the biggest for used cars in the area. I don't know if this helps or not but just my 2 cents atleast on the dealership.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
For those curious, I finally got it delivered today. It is lowered, not sure on what springs yet. Also has a pulley, Big JLT intake, FRPP throttle body, pulley and I'm guessing gutted or high flow cats. It is CLEAN!

bakerjd

Resident Bum
Reaction score
I live in Rocky Mount, NC. If you want, shoot me some info and I'll ask the guys at the dealership if they have any info. I was just there last night hanging out with a few friends while they installed some Koni yellows (on their Mustangs). PM me if you want.

Spelling errors brought to you by Autocorrect

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The mileage on SE sports cars always amaze me.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
The mileage on SE sports cars always amaze me.

What do you mean?

I personally find it awkward to own a car like that and barely ever drive it. I drive my GT every day =P Wouldn't be able to resist driving a car like that lol

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What do you mean?

I personally find it awkward to own a car like that and barely ever drive it. I drive my GT every day =P Wouldn't be able to resist driving a car like that lol

Because of the weather, you can own a sports car and daily it. 6 months out of the year up here can be exciting daily driving a sports car. There are a few brave souls, but not many.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
I live in Rocky Mount, NC. If you want, shoot me some info and I'll ask the guys at the dealership if they have any info. I was just there last night hanging out with a few friends while they installed some Koni yellows (on their Mustangs). PM me if you want.

Spelling errors brought to you by Autocorrect

That would be great man, I would very much appreciate that.

Hmm.. you wouldn't possibly be interested in trade would you?

Always up for a trade haha. What did you have in mind?

jumbowolfe

forum member
Reaction score
Screw it, cars are meant to be driven!! A GT500 for under $30k that already has miles is a blessing because no fear of putting miles on it. Drive the crap out of that thing. I collect guitars too, and it drives me nuts when I see guys buying $4k guitars, then leave them in a case or hang them on a wall. Ridiculous.

I've got a 94GT with 170k miles on it, and that motor hasn't stopped in 20 years. That GT500 will last a life time if it was just road mile driven during its first 90k miles.

Back