anyone have trouble installing Pypes dual exhaust?

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
I am putting dual exhaust on my 2007 originally v6 Mustang and I am having a crap-ton of problems with the fitment of these Pypes over-axle tubes.

First, they are marked "RIGHT" and "LEFT". I have been working on cars for a few decades and right always meant passenger's side and left was always driver's side. Well, there was no way that the passenger side was the one marked "RIGHT" and the one marked "LEFT" seemed to fit just fine. So, I put them over the new 8.8" rear and figured all was well enough.

Second, while trying to hang my FRPP "stingers" I noticed that in order to match the angle of the stinger end, the over-axle tube needed to be bent more. Before I bent it, I rotated the pipe and it was closer to fitting, but only allowing me to insert the tube about 1/2" into the stinger. The bigger problem was that in this position, the tube actually was up against the pinion drive flange (you know, where the driveshaft bolts onto the rear). That can't happen!!!

Now, the big questions are if all of the dozens of people who highly recommended the Pypes tubes were happy, why are these bastards impossible to fit? Or, I thought, if everyone had a shop install their Pypes setup, are they just not aware of issues. Or, could it be that I just have a bad set of Pypes pipes?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
I dont recommend pypes because of your reasons. GT take-offs/stock pipes are much better fit.

The the mufflers, if you have issues trying to line up the 'notch', just cut out more of the notch in the muffler or grind off the stud on the ota pipe. Also, you should be able to loosen the midpipe clamp and rotate the pipe to the position you need. I use Borla stingers, same design mufflers, but using stock OTA pipes. Knowing how to adjust/make the pipes fit and clear the panhard bar and rear end is as simple as rotating it into position and raising it up where needed. Of course this affects muffler tip exit as well.

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
pass side should be the right side. i have jba pipes, my driv side started out hitting the frt flange of the pumpkin so i had to move it forward, and turning the over axles really changes the muffler angles. another thing, depending how you have the car raised up, ( if you have the body on jackstands) the rear end is gonna go up when you let the car down so you have to allow for that.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back