Anyone Know Anything About Vipers?

CobraRed

Creator of Tools
Reaction score
I got the "heavy" feeling from the Viper I drove as well. It's not sluggish in the slightests, it'll rip ur nipples off. Just very solid and wide shouldered feeling. Slinging it around the the mountains felt kinda weird, even compared to my heavy mustang.

Last edited:

duststang

forum member
Reaction score
I wish I could afford any of the following. all the new models are extremely capable and look great.

Mark Aubele

forum member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine had one, no information at all on them except his trapped 122 with bolt ons. Can't remember the year but it was a GTS.

I will also say that if you get an ACR I'm gonna take a ride up there and go for a ride! :)

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
A buddy of mine had one, no information at all on them except his trapped 122 with bolt ons. Can't remember the year but it was a GTS.

I will also say that if you get an ACR I'm gonna take a ride up there and go for a ride! :)

Looks like I'm going GT350R at this point.:cheersman:

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
It sounds like they are actually pretty durable.

I would probably just pull the trigger on a GT350R. But I can't find one for under $10K over. And that is a solid maybe. That's starting to get pricey. I can buy the Viper, extra wheels, race seats, belts, roll bar...... AND a trailer for that money.

You were finding a Viper ACR for under $70,000?!?! I was just looking at them maybe 5 or 6 days ago and they were going for stupid money.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I found one for $66000 with 18K on it. That's book.

As much as I'd love to have a gt350, for the money, that deal on the acr would be hard to pass up.

But then again, I could buy a boat load of spec miatas for that money ! Lol

Last edited:

mrgtx

forum member
Reaction score
Personal opinion:
I recently followed a red a first gen/3-spoke RT/10 rolling through traffic and it was turning heads everywhere. Yes, my 5.0L would easily match that car in any performance measure but it might as well have been a Honda Civic in the presence of that roadmonster.

Even the earliest Vipers are respectably quick even 23years later, can be hot-rodded to insane levels, but it almost seems irrelevant. They're just special.

If we're talking about the last gen Viper...they're just incredibly good looking and brutally fast. Sorry, GT350R but the Viper owns my heart.

I'd have a hard time picking between the most special version of a common car (GT350R) or a copy of a car that is special, outrageous and exhilarating regardless of the generation or version...and that's a dilemma that I would LOVE to spend some serious time struggling with.

Attachments

• viper.jpg
    viper.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Still want a ride!

Did you see Motor Trend dynoed a GT350 and it put down 467 stock?

You sure can!!!

Didn't see the MT article. But I have known what they made at the wheels since spring.:waytogo:

As much as I'd love to have a gt350, for the money, that deal on the acr would be hard to pass up.

But then again, I could buy a boat load of spec miatas for that money ! Lol

Personal opinion:
I recently followed a red a first gen/3-spoke RT/10 rolling through traffic and it was turning heads everywhere. Yes, my 5.0L would easily match that car in any performance measure but it might as well have been a Honda Civic in the presence of that roadmonster.

Even the earliest Vipers are respectably quick even 23years later, can be hot-rodded to insane levels, but it almost seems irrelevant. They're just special.

If we're talking about the last gen Viper...they're just incredibly good looking and brutally fast. Sorry, GT350R but the Viper owns my heart.

I'd have a hard time picking between the most special version of a common car (GT350R) or a copy of a car that is special, outrageous and exhilarating regardless of the generation or version...and that's a dilemma that I would LOVE to spend some serious time struggling with.

Agree, my inner 9yr old is like VIPER!!!!!:beerchug2:

But for a dedicated track car it's a tough pill to swallow. Big bucks to repair, and it will end up i the gravel trap. They have some heat issues so it would need help with the engine cooling system and at least rear end. If not trans and rear end. And there are no more new diffs to be had from Dodge. And the tire bill, OMFG the tire bill. It's just not practical at all with the sort of money I have. I could get the car, but I can't afford to run it.

Too bad, I would love to have one in the garage.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back