Anyong running a WMS intake?

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Was just curious how the WMS intakes were doing? Was thinking about swappin out my JLT for one. I know I won't get much if anything from it over my JLT, but when I do the E-Force, it'd be cool to take advantage of the forward intake route.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No point to it unless you just really like it. The wms is not going to work with the eforce either.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Why wouldn't the WMS work for the e-force? Just need some custom bends done, and I'll be damned if I can't weld like a mofo, or fit up plastic pipe. So why not?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You would need over a 90 degree bend from the eforce oval angle throttle body inlet and the wms tray and filter is a tight fit as it is with the stock throttle body loaction. Im sure you could try and make it worth but you would have to hack the wms tray to shit. and have a really sharp bend, and it looks like you would have to cut the tray just to get it to fit with the eforce on.

WMS tray
http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/media/wmsgifs/hvi05c.jpg

Eforce throttle location
http://www.motorator.com/uploads/blog_images/0000/0344/Edelbrock_e_force_3.jpg

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you look at those pictures side by side the eforce tb and motor assembly is moved foward about 6 inches compared to the stock intake manifold location. its going to be siting in the tray right behind where the power steering cap is on the the wms tray.
It would be a no brainer if the eforce throttle faced straight foward, your gonna run out room to get the bigass wms filter in there with the tb to filter bends you would need.

BUt hey if you try it and get it to work post pics, no problem with a little pio-engin-neering lol

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I see what you're saying, you're right. My whole point was to eliminate the 90* intake bends. It seems like no matter what every mustang of every year the intake tube are 90* bends. Hell even most of the FI kits pull air from behind and require an almost 180* intake bend, and god knows where they intend to run the intake tube and filter (Stock Roush S/C intake routing... OMG engineering = FAIL).

If I had found the WMS intake when I was shopping for my JLT, I would've jumped on it. It's not worth the money now, and I seriously doubt it would net much more over the JLT... of course... I could do a comparison.. lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back