Are the exhaust hangers for 2010 GT any different over 2005-09 GT models

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
I've also considered the FR500S as well and IIRC there's been a lot of positive feedback on these forums about having no drone to them at all, but yet still provide a deep/aggressive and throaty tone to them.. However the only cons I have, is they're not offered in T-304 grade SS and don't offer any type of warranty unlike the Borla's that include their one million mile warranty.. But my main concern is sound quality and the least amount of inside drone as possible

What's drone? I haven't had that since I got rid of the God awful flowmasters that the previous owner had. I know I am biased because it's obviously what I went with, but the FR500S are hands down the best for the 3V. They don't have the nice shiny tips the Borlas do, but I don't care about that. It's exhaust. I like that out of all the other 05-09 mustang owners I've met, I've only met one with the same muffler. I couldn't tell you how many I've met that had Borla. Nothing wrong with that, I just prefer to be different. What orinigally turned me on were the actual FR500S race cars. Once I heard that, I was bound and determined to figure out a way to get mine to sound as close as possible. I think for a street car, I've basically done that.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
What's drone? I haven't had that since I got rid of the God awful flowmasters that the previous owner had. I know I am biased because it's obviously what I went with, but the FR500S are hands down the best for the 3V. They don't have the nice shiny tips the Borlas do, but I don't care about that. It's exhaust. I like that out of all the other 05-09 mustang owners I've met, I've only met one with the same muffler. I couldn't tell you how many I've met that had Borla. Nothing wrong with that, I just prefer to be different. What orinigally turned me on were the actual FR500S race cars. Once I heard that, I was bound and determined to figure out a way to get mine to sound as close as possible. I think for a street car, I've basically done that.

Brandon, I didn't say the FR500S had drone to them.. I stated that they don't have any drone to them at all, which is the reason I'm still considering them.. As for the Borla's, what I like about them is their constructed from T-304 grade SS including both the body and tips that are both rust resistant and also resist blemishing due from heat exposure, but most of all they're backed by Borla's million mile warranty which is also an important factor as well.. However I still haven't made a final decision as to which I'm going to select from at this point just yet, as it would make things so much easier to be able to listen to both axle backs in person rather than from a sound clip lol.

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
Brandon, I didn't say the FR500S had drone to them.. I stated that they don't have any drone to them at all, which is the reason I'm still considering them.. As for the Borla's, what I like about them is their constructed from T-304 grade SS including both the body and tips that are both rust resistant and also resist blemishing due from heat exposure, but most of all they're backed by Borla's million mile warranty which is also an important factor as well.. However I still haven't made a final decision as to which I'm going to select from at this point just yet, as it would make things so much easier to be able to listen to both axle backs in person rather than from a sound clip lol.

I was being sarcastic about the drone lol. I need to stop doing that on the internet because it's hard to convey tone. And yes, in person is much better than sound clips over the Internet. Too many variables including microphone used and speakers being listened through.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic about the drone lol. I need to stop doing that on the internet because it's hard to convey tone. And yes, in person is much better than sound clips over the Internet. Too many variables including microphone used and speakers being listened through.

It's all good, as we all have our sarcastic sides, myself included lol. And yes, I agree there's just too many variables when it comes to sound clips, just as you mentioned concerning what type and quality of speakers are being used, microphones and so on.. Anyhow it may be quite awhile before making a final decision, as I want to hear both systems in person before for forking over $550.00+ for a cat back/axle back exhaust :shrug:

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
It's all good, as we all have our sarcastic sides, myself included lol. And yes, I agree there's just too many variables when it comes to sound clips, just as you mentioned concerning what type and quality of speakers are being used, microphones and so on.. Anyhow it may be quite awhile before making a final decision, as I want to hear both systems in person before for forking over $550.00+ for a cat back/axle back exhaust :shrug:

If you haven't done it yet, put your money towards longtubes. I wish I would've done that first. That's the best thing I've done for my car so far, and that's including having put in forged internals lol

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't done that yet Brandon.. Perhaps down the road I will, but for right now my main concern is going with either the Borla cat back or FR500S and maybe Roush extreme high-flow resonated axle backs.. Being as I still live in the Pittsburgh, PA area, we still have to put up with emission inspections and in order to upgrade to long tube headers, I'd also have to purchase high-flow cats as well to stay legal.. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see what develops :shrug:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back