Are these taillights ricey?

Mattamus

forum member
Reaction score
I bought Recon LED's for my car. Was going to do the nightshade on the stock lenses but I decided to go with the LED route. Can't decide if I like them. My girlfriend thinks they look good but I think they look a little import like in person. Maybe they will grow on me.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Not what I would call real ricey, but looks like its trying to be European which it isnt IMO

brent_G

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I would pass judgement as a ricer if I saw you in a public place if I saw it from behind. But the wheels tell me you're forum oriented and probably assume there is some go fast mods on there too.

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
I have similar ones and thought they were borderline ricey so I had them painted satin black around all the trim etc .

picture.php

Last edited:

Mattamus

forum member
Reaction score
Not bad IMO......but looks like you need a drop.

It's on roush springs. It sits low in the front but sits really high in the back. Other pictures of cars on roush springs look lower than mine in the back.

I think I am going to get some tint for the stock lenses and see how that looks.

BlackCDCStang that looks pretty good with the red reflectors covered up.

Last edited:

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks I didnt care for the reflectors and hated the edge of the lens since it had an almost chrome look so I figured I would have them painted and go from there.
This is what mine looked like before

It's on roush springs. It sits low in the front but sits really high in the back. Other pictures of cars on roush springs look lower than mine in the back.

I think I am going to get some tint for the stock lenses and see how that looks.

BlackCDCStang that looks pretty good with the red reflectors covered up.

Last edited:

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
I say black them out and leave reverse light unpainted but to me those reflectors and bezels on side of LEDs make it look ricey.

C.Love

forum member
Reaction score
Personally I think "blacked out" anything sucks, so blacking them out will make them worse IMO. Those tails are more "euro" like someone mentioned not Japanese in style thus not ricey. I don't hate them nor do I love them.

Rule of thumb: if you need to post it on a forum to decide if its ricey--the answer to your query is dont waste your cash on them

SUPRACOBRA

forum member
Reaction score
Not ricey to me. I've looked at a set for my car as well and have seen a set on a GT500.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought Recon LED's for my car. Was going to do the nightshade on the stock lenses but I decided to go with the LED route. Can't decide if I like them. My girlfriend thinks they look good but I think they look a little import like in person. Maybe they will grow on me.
http://s278.photobucket.com/user/ognaysayer/media/image_zpsf2ae796f.jpg.htmlhttp://s278.photobucket.com/user/ognaysayer/media/image_zps7f903efd.jpg.htmlhttp://s278.photobucket.com/user/ognaysayer/media/image_zps046cc071.jpg.html
http://s278.photobucket.com/user/ognaysayer/media/image_zps492b3e0c.jpg.html

No, mine are ricey. But I have a huge nutsack, so its OK. :)

Your car, your way, fuck everyone else.

Your lights look OK.

IMG_2135_zpsf6022d94.jpg

JimC

Reaction score
I've been behind a car with similar taillights on the highway. In the sun the brake lights were hard to see. I saw several people who nearly rear ended the guy anytime the lane stopped. If not for the third brake light I wouldn't have realized he was hitting the brakes.

So (OP) you might want to check that out just to be sure.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back