As light as possible.....

MDB919

Reaction score
Ok. physically my mustang is bone stock, aside from removing the spare tire and jack. What are cheap ways to start stripping weight without sacrificing all the comforts? Ive seen some K members and some radiator support changes, but is there anything that can just be straight up ripped out?

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not sure how much you want to "rip out" of a nice newer car like yours but there are some ways. I removed my spare and jack and all related components at that was over 50lbs. My BMR radiator support/sway bar delete saved me a little over 16lbs. And if you do decide to just rip out some items im sure the trunk panels along with a rear seat delete will get you another 25-30lbs.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
:newbie: Guessing that "How much does it weigh" sticky at the top of the forum just had absolutely no meaning to you...:asshat:

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok. physically my mustang is bone stock, aside from removing the spare tire and jack. What are cheap ways to start stripping weight without sacrificing all the comforts? Ive seen some K members and some radiator support changes, but is there anything that can just be straight up ripped out?

I say we make this forum as light as possble mr. dead weight.

:asshat::loser:

MDB919

Reaction score
Ive never insulted anyone on here. I dont see why you cant do the same. I was asking advice on what to remove, not how much anything weighs. If this forum needs less of something, I would go with asses that feel the need to insult people. But thats just my opinion.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And you were directed to the sticky that tells the weight of parts. You are the only one that knows what you think you can remove and live without and it not affect your little creature comforts. Hell, if someone tells you to remove the heavy ass stock seats and put in light weight race seats, and your cushy little tushy can't take the lack of padding in the race seat, then what are you going to do? Say someone told you to take out something that you can't live without? Wouldn't it be easier to just look through the thread at all the items people have invested time in investigating and choose the items for yourself that best fit your needs? Or is helping yourself harder than being spoon fed?

And for the record.. No one has insulted you yet. We were being pretty reasonable about it. Insults around here usually start with phrases like worthless twatwaffle, VSOP, flopdick, or fuktard.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
I`d say change front seats and remove back seats.
Also an aluminum DS since you dont have one in your sig

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would definitely take a close look at that thread, as not only can you see what people have removed, but also how much weight was actually removed, so you can decide whether the removal is worth it to you or not.

There are plenty of things you can remove without giving the car the hacked up look. I used to take out the boom box and amps in the trunk (shaker 1000) which would literally only take me 5 minutes, go race, then put it back in after.

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
AC delete...
Smaller rims (light weight, drag)...
Light weight Battery...

Matt D really sums everything up in his thread though...
All the sound densening shite in the trunk..

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
go to the sticky thread at the top of the page... I even put it in dam stages! lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back