Assembly grease

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
I need more ARP assembly lube for the head studs and ARP cam tower bolts(do I use that on those?) so I was gonna get this. Question is can I also use this ARP lube on other stuff like for installing the keepers, valve seals, etc or is it not for that really? Everyone says “add grease to keep the parts in place”….what type of grease? I have this 3 pack of grease…will it work? I got it for ball joints n stuff.

25453C0B-A488-41BF-AF57-3517B761DFE6.png

F067190B-E117-4109-A583-3384E9EB05FF.jpeg

AHaze

Reaction score
The ARP stuff is primarily to give consistent torque readings when installing fasteners. If you need some grease to hold pieces together during assembly, I would suggest actual engine assembly lube (the stuff you smear on cams and bearing surfaces). I'm just not sure if the Moly-Graph stuff is something you want getting into your oil.

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
The ARP stuff is primarily to give consistent torque readings when installing fasteners. If you need some grease to hold pieces together during assembly, I would suggest actual engine assembly lube (the stuff you smear on cams and bearing surfaces). I'm just not sure if the Moly-Graph stuff is something you want getting into your oil.
So I should apply it to the ARP cam caps bolts as well?

AHaze

Reaction score
The ARP faster assembly lube would go on the threads and seats of the cam cap bolts, the Lucas assembly lube is for the "bearing" surface of the cap itself and is what I would use to hold the keepers in place while installing valve springs. Maybe the other products are fine inside an engine but I don't know.

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
The ARP faster assembly lube would go on the threads and seats of the cam cap bolts, the Lucas assembly lube is for the "bearing" surface of the cap itself and is what I would use to hold the keepers in place while installing valve springs. Maybe the other products are fine inside an engine but I don't know.
Roger that!! I’ll try the lube for the keepers but got the grease incase

Your ARP fasteners came with torque specifications and instructions specific to them. Follow those instructions and torque recommendations. Do not follow the Ford torque specs with ARP fasteners.
Edit•….misread

my head studs came with lube and torque specs but the cam bolts just came in a plastic bag from MMR…no lube or specs

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
You could try looking at ARP site for the instructions. Otherwise use the Ford spec. of 89 in/lb. That would be lightly oiled with motor oil. It is very important you do not attempt Fords torque to yield method with ARP fasteners .
Well crap…I can’t really find any info on the bolts I got from MMR. ARP’s website lists a tower STUD kit but doesn’t show the bolts I have. Not sure if the model number MMR lists is an ARP part #. The stud kit says to follow man tq specs so I guess that’s what I’ll do with these bolts…?

058B0200-17ED-403E-8E61-E2C919FCC49A.png

829FF67F-6CB0-44E0-9134-B5D4B406640A.png

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
By the way. I have run 3 different sets of cams and three different sets of valve springs and I’m still using the stock cam cap bolts that came in the engine from Ford.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back