Atempting to change the crank pulley tonight....Any Advice??

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
actually the 18" is true and spins perfectly but i happen to feel it doesnt allow any slip which causes the belt problems. its not a design flaw by any means,

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Actually I think this is the case. With the larger diameter bottom crank pulley and the larger diameter blower pulley, I bet you had so much belt wrap that it couldn't slip even if it wanted to---so the only thing left to do is snap in half.

I got alot of videos of my car and you can clearly hear the belt slip (screech) when I come out of the burnout box at 6000 rpm then hit the brakes before getting to the line.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
275/50/17 M&H Racemaster DRs - IIRC

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Actually I think this is the case. With the larger diameter bottom crank pulley and the larger diameter blower pulley, I bet you had so much belt wrap that it couldn't slip even if it wanted to---so the only thing left to do is snap in half.

I got alot of videos of my car and you can clearly hear the belt slip (screech) when I come out of the burnout box at 6000 rpm then hit the brakes before getting to the line.

Well i hope i dont snap them now. i think your right though

Why dont you offer to give everyone Herpes?

Congrats:beer: Now go enjoy that fucking car bro:beer::thumb::beerdrink::bigbeer::2g1c::2g1c::2g1c::2g1c::2g1c::roflmao:

Lets see if it works need to do some street testing

Ron what tires are you going to be running next week.

unfortunaltely stock rims with MH 275's. not very good lol

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I certainly do hope that this fixes your problem. I can't imagine dealing with the frustrations you have been going through.

on a side note.. am I the only one that finds the humor in him getting annoyed at people for not answering his question when they reply? I am pretty sure that he is suffering from a slight case of can dish it out but can't take it :beer:

Certainly glad to see the 2 girls 1 cup smilie is such a hit! I honestly didn't think anyone would use it.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
not yet. im sort of afraid to . i only got 2 belts that fit right now haha and one is on the car

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well its raining today so i guess the test will have to wait for tommorow

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Imagine that - I used the search feature and found the info I was looking for. It was almost like MAGIC!

-Roper using lostbutt's pc

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back