Auto Launch Street tires

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Lol softer 1-2 shift get a tire.

So holding the brake down and the button down until advancetrack shows off does disable everything at once? Sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
^^ LOL, well, for now it's a daily driver and I don't have bigs/littles. A torque converter and bigs/littles are on my list but the car has 2k miles and I've had it a month, let me pace myself so my wife doesn't drive it off a cliff :) hahahah

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
^^ LOL, well, for now it's a daily driver and I don't have bigs/littles. A torque converter and bigs/littles are on my list but the car has 2k miles and I've had it a month, let me pace myself so my wife doesn't drive it off a cliff :) hahahah

Not everyone wants to get a tire either. My car is a street car, not race car.

Mike can change that shift for you so it is still firm, but won't spin as much. I would try that first, maybe drop your psi a little too depending on where you're at.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
You can put a 275/45/18 M&H on the stock 18x8. You don't need to sink a ton into bigs/littles just to get traction. I plan on running that tire on the street and just replacing them as they wear out.

But I do understand if you have to drive in the snow or heavy rain it's risky.

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
Well, like I say, I have had the car just over a month. Some drag tires are in the plan, just need a little time! I mean, unless ur payin? :) hahahahah

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
You can put a 275/45/18 M&H on the stock 18x8. You don't need to sink a ton into bigs/littles just to get traction.

This is what I did. I run 19" GT500 wheels on the street with all season Eagle F1's, but I have a second set of wheels (factory 18x8's) that I run at the track with M&H 275/45/18 drag radials and the stock Pirellis up front. Car looks 100% bone stock at the track, so it's a bit of a sleeper look versus doing big & littles....

181E3A34-F36E-4C75-A841-7F070B0F0068_zpsl0chqfhs.jpg

7AA03E0C-5625-46C5-9469-F2195149E2E5_zpsypkku8vr.jpg

Last edited:

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
^^ I actually like the sound of that. I want to get some 19" rims/tires for mine as well so that would definitely work vice bigs/littles. I'm sure you could likely maybe gain a little traction and lose weight with bigs and littles but I'm not that far into it yet lol.

On a side note, you guys welding your rear axles or using any support? I had seen that on earlier models they were having problems with them spinning loose or is that only on the ones that have been lowered and have re-location brackets dropping the arm further down?

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
^^ I actually like the sound of that. I want to get some 19" rims/tires for mine as well so that would definitely work vice bigs/littles. I'm sure you could likely maybe gain a little traction and lose weight with bigs and littles but I'm not that far into it yet lol.

On a side note, you guys welding your rear axles or using any support? I had seen that on earlier models they were having problems with them spinning loose or is that only on the ones that have been lowered and have re-location brackets dropping the arm further down?

Mainly manuals that leave at higher rpm's via clutch drop have had that issue. Honestly, I never heard of a stock or near stock auto mess up an axle tube.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
No plans to weld or brace mine until I stall it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What is sport mode and does affect how firm the car shifts?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back