Axis Wheels

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I like the Halo model better but for some reason they scream Subaru at me.

Hessian

forum member
Reaction score
I like the Halo model better but for some reason they scream Subaru at me.

Yea, they feel a little import to me too (not planning to use the pinstripe). I need to Photoshop them and see. There are some 7 spokes for Mustangs, so it's not unheard of:
http://mustangforums.com/forum/parts-for-sale/421694-05-saleen-7-spoke-chrome-wheels.html

The circuts are very tempting at 16.8 pounds a piece.

Are there any rims out there that were designed for the Mustang that are are between 18x8.5 and 18x10 and under 21#?

I like the Mach style, but most of the rims I find are 25 pounds+.

To me, if I'm going to upgrade wheels they should be lighter than what I have on there not add more weight. I like the look of an 18 and want to add big brakes so 17 is not my first pick. Running a 15" is a mean looking setup as well, not sure I want to go there.

Last edited:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I swapped wheels cuz i wanted more width and an offset that stuck out a bit more, i went with the SVT Cobra style wheels cuz they look aggressive yet have a stock look to them.

Although lighter wheels would be nice, i wasnt willing to pay the $$$ for forged or Race wheels but youll have to spread that wallet pretty wide to get the weight savings.

Some of the guys on this Forum are running Wed sport wheels, they run roughtly 1500 - 2k a set, they are light and cheaper than CCW's or HRE wheels.

Hessian

forum member
Reaction score
I swapped wheels cuz i wanted more width and an offset that stuck out a bit more, i went with the SVT Cobra style wheels cuz they look aggressive yet have a stock look to them.

Although lighter wheels would be nice, i wasnt willing to pay the $$$ for forged or Race wheels but youll have to spread that wallet pretty wide to get the weight savings.

Some of the guys on this Forum are running Wed sport wheels, they run roughtly 1500 - 2k a set, they are light and cheaper than CCW's or HRE wheels.

Same here, I wanted some more rubber on the road and to fill out the wheel well. 255 is good for me, 275 is better.

About 2K for rims and tires is what I'm looking to spend.

The Axis above are about 2.2K I think these are SSF wheels.

Samaj

Reaction score
Guys i'am running on the AXIS elite 20". Not very light weight. But the finish & quality is top notch.

IMG_0630.jpg

St-6.jpg

Hessian

forum member
Reaction score
Nice wheels Samaj. I like the inverted look.

Going with the Halos. I'm going to wear a slightly modified Saleen Heritage bodykit so these should look great.

20.3 pounds is a slightly less weight rim than the 17" stock wheels I have but I'll have more tire on the road. Taking into account a taller rim and bigger tire I think performance should still improve a bit.

Now on to wheels... 275 on all fours? How do the MH do on the street? I'm mostly putting power down in a line, but do turn occasionally. :)

Last edited:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Love the wheels SamaJ!

I have 275-40-18's all around (Michelin XGT A/S) they track a bit when they find grooves in the road but the grip is MUCH better than the stock width and they look great.

2007 GT/CS

"Oderint Dum Metuant"
Reaction score
You might want to consider the wheels I went with (see sig for wheels and tires). I was looking for something in a decent width, lightweight, and in a 5 spoke black with a polished rim.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys i'am running on the AXIS elite 20". Not very light weight. But the finish & quality is top notch.

IMG_0630.jpg

St-6.jpg

Damm, your car looks really good.

Can you please post the PN for the wheels.

Are they 20x10?

Hessian

forum member
Reaction score
You might want to consider the wheels I went with (see sig for wheels and tires). I was looking for something in a decent width, lightweight, and in a 5 spoke black with a polished rim.

I've looked at those as well. I have a black car also and I was debating going all black or the polished lip. Do you hav any more pictures (parked)?

I think the Axis circuts are basically the same, but a little lighter?

The Halos should give a look like the Saleen Dark Horse.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back