Axle-Exchange Weight

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score

Redwolf

Reaction score
The best thing to do is weigh the factory shaft when you pull it out, then weigh the aluminum shaft before you install it. Who cares what a paper say's, you will have the facts in front of you.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
lol I know that. Unfortunately my "Steeda" driveshaft is already installed so I can't do that.

It just puzzles me to find this discrepancy in the figures. And people are posting that list of weights for different parts on the car here in this forum and relying on it. Is it trustworthy? I don't know.

BTW the steeda driveshaft has disappeared from their website. They don't have a shaft on there for the 05-10 any more.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
It appears they don't sell a driveshaft for this car any more. Or at least I could not find it on their site when I looked today. It just flat out disappeared.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I think axle-exchange's weight figures are bullshit.

I installed a shaftmasters over the weekend on a friend's car and it was noticeably lighter than my steeda/axle-exchange.

29 lbs. lighter than stock according to axle-exchange's website. My ass it is.

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
axle exchange ftw

i know that isnt helpful, but i thought u guys needed to know lol

not one shake since i've had it on (almost 2 years).based on the pickup test, it is considerably lighter than the stock DS

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
29 lbs. off stock weight would be an 11 pound driveshaft. That's what their website appears to say. I have doubts about the accuracy of that claim.

Back