baby's got a brand new shine

knight rider

forum member
Reaction score
finally picked up some new polish on a great deal and had to work on the car this morning. I sealed it with Meg's NXT 2.0 and finished with Meg's gold class carnuba all by hand while i get used to a new buffer on a different car

1000520_10102194645310052_1761655966_n_zps8c7bfb55.jpg

knight rider

forum member
Reaction score
thanks man, cant wait till i feel comfortable enough with my buffer to use it on the stang. I also need to get some better pads for it

28ONE

Reaction score
What buffer are you using and what pads you looking to get?

knight rider

forum member
Reaction score
the exact brand escapes me at the moment but its not really anything special, i cant afford the likes of porter cable etc. and probably meg's pads but i saw an earlier post of yours about hydrotech pads that matches my plans exactly and i may order those if they arent too pricey

28ONE

Reaction score
I started with PC but quickly moved to the Flex3401. Night and day difference, pricey but for me it's worth it. Definitely go with hyrdotech pads, they're the only ones I've ever used. OCD kicked into high gear when I got bit by the detailing bug. Can definitely get expensive. I like Autoality.com and Detalilersclub.com for most of my products. With our cars being black, when using a buffer, you're gonna have to make at least two complete passes. If you have a chance, checked out Seer's detailing:

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84488

Consider painting your calipers?

knight rider

forum member
Reaction score
sweet, thanks for those sites and the thread link. i've thought about painting the calipers either red or gold. I'm going to order '13 gt500 style rims when AM gets them back in stock in September and i might paint them when i put the new rims on

28ONE

Reaction score
Paint them red, to match Roush Emblem. I used G2 caliper paint for rears after i put on Brembos

knight rider

forum member
Reaction score
yea i was leaning toward red but black/gold were my university colors so i had to at least give it slight consideration

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back