Back in a convertible! Black on black on black GT500

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
The stock blower is about the same as the gen 1 TVS. The Gen 2 is better, but is it worth the cost over a 13-14 blower? I'm not quite sure. Especially since I don't plan on making stupid power with it.

VMP sells the high flow elbow for the oem Ford 13/14 TVS blowers. (that high flow elbow is not made by VMP, but another company). with the elbow swap, you are so close to a gen-2 TVS, that it's not worth the expense of installing a gen -2 tvs.

Story I got was the 13/14 GT-500 TVS is better than the gen-1 vmp unit. So the 13/14 blower is damned good to begin with.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
VMP sells the high flow elbow for the oem Ford 13/14 TVS blowers. (that high flow elbow is not made by VMP, but another company). with the elbow swap, you are so close to a gen-2 TVS, that it's not worth the expense of installing a gen -2 tvs.

Story I got was the 13/14 GT-500 TVS is better than the gen-1 vmp unit. So the 13/14 blower is damned good to begin with.

Interesting. I really don't think I'll install the Gen 2. It is tempting since it's just sitting there and all I need is the tune and a few hours to install it. I'll most likely go with the typical pulley/intake/throttle body combo.

I've ordered some goodies over the past couple of weeks. First mod is a CDC style bar, which IMO convertibles should come with from the factory. I have yet to install it, but will hopefully get to it this weekend. Also tinted the windows 5% all around with 50% on the windshield.

Also ordered some new tires. 305/35/20" for the rear, not sure on front tire size just yet. More importantly, WHEELS. I ordered some wheels that should stand out. Hopefully will have those in and installed early next week. :clap:

Thought this was a neat picture for my phone background

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Put the widest tire /wheel combo on the front that can easily be done. Like a 285 on a 10" wide wheel. With a 305 rear, you don't want a smallish 255 front, too much stagger = too much under steer. But it's gotta clear the front brakes. A 3mm spacer on the front might be required in some cases..and will work with oem studs.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Put the widest tire /wheel combo on the front that can easily be done. Like a 285 on a 10" wide wheel. With a 305 rear, you don't want a smallish 255 front, too much stagger = too much under steer. But it's gotta clear the front brakes. A 3mm spacer on the front might be required in some cases..and will work with oem studs.

I did end up ordering 255/40/19" Michelin Pilot Super Sports for the front. I went with 255 since my front wheels will only be 19x8.5". I would've liked a wider tire up front, but I guess it'll be fine.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got some free time and motivation to do some work! I've had some suspension parts laying around for years that I bought for another Shelby I had and never put on. Now was the time to put them to use!
I installed BMR springs, Steeda Billet lower control arms and BMR Relocation brackets:

These Steeda billet lca's are beautiful

Also figured out that I need tires all around:

haydenbjj

Reaction score
Abdulla, beautiful car. I have those exact same wheels (and tires) on mine.

EDIT: i take that back, after further review, they are slightly different. i can't remember what year Shelby mine came from, i thought it was a 2014.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Look a bit closer hayden. Slightly different wheels...

And Abdul, that stance is perfect. Badass man.

Hayden, I don't know how I missed your edit. Lol!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back