Back to Black (cleaner)

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
So, it's been some time since I've been able to show my car the love it needs. The cowl is starting to gray and look bad.

Is that Mother's Back to Black Cleaner worth a crap? Or is there something else out there that will provide a bit of restore as opposed to just covering?

B2B

forum member
Reaction score
Back to Black is junk.

I heard Forever Black (dye) works well, or just take the trim off and hit it with a couple coats of trim paint.

claudermilk

Reaction score
The mothers is junk, I have a bottle of it on the shelf that was used once and put away

This. I can get it free and I don't bother.

I've started using Adams In N Out spray and it seems to be working well. I'm not thrilled that it's aerosol, but it does get the trim black & isn't greasy like the Mothers crap is.

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
Anything you guys using that lasts a few washes?

I've been using the Chemical Guys Silk Shine and it looks fantastic, but I have to reapply every time I wash.

SSStang

forum member
Reaction score
Gtechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer
I have not used this but it has good reviews. Its not cheap either.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. And just for the record, I've used the Back to Black dressing and found it to be crap, but was curious about the cleaner cause I read a couple of reviews that made is sound promising.

Thanks again.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. And just for the record, I've used the Back to Black dressing and found it to be crap, but was curious about the cleaner cause I read a couple of reviews that made is sound promising.

Thanks again.

Sorry I didn't see that part. I have used the Cleaner with good results. For the price point it is good. But keep in mind Mothers made the cleaner to work with the dressing. When I used the Back to Black cleaner to remove some polish/wax residue, I also removed that cleaner with an APC before using PERL to ensure a pure clean surface. Overall I think the cleaner is a good product and has a place on my crowded shelf.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't see that part. I have used the Cleaner with good results. For the price point it is good. But keep in mind Mothers made the cleaner to work with the dressing. When I used the Back to Black cleaner to remove some polish/wax residue, I also removed that cleaner with an APC before using PERL to ensure a pure clean surface. Overall I think the cleaner is a good product and has a place on my crowded shelf.

I appreciate it, man....I have a feeling that most missed the "cleaner" part :thumb2:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back