Back to stock, p2112 code, will not run

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
2011 GT. After returning my car to stock, I have a p2112: Throttle Actuator Control System - Stuck Closed.

I was running a tvs with an accufab, went to a Boss IM with a FRPP 90mm tb and now back to stock. Car was never run on the Boss/FRPP. So, yes I did repin for the tb, but I'm 99% sure it was returned to stock pin correctly. The stock tb has been sitting for a few years. Moves freely by hand, but no response via the gas pedal. So, obviously the car starts and then stalls almost immediately because the tb is closed.

Do the stock tb ever go bad? My tb plug at #1 position is yellow/violet and ends #6 position as green/violet. Sound right?

Please help as the car is down. Only thing I can think of is finding another stock tb and trying it.

travelers

Reaction score
look at the wire connector pins making sure they are completely locked in place. If they are not locked they will not make contact or a poor or intermittent signal. Just try and push the wire holding the connector end if it doesn't move then it's locked...

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
look at the wire connector pins making sure they are completely locked in place. If they are not locked they will not make contact or a poor or intermittent signal. Just try and push the wire holding the connector end if it doesn't move then it's locked...

I have checked the plug and pins so many times, i'm going nuts. I would swear thats where the issue has to be, but have checked everything at least five times.

cb900f

forum member
Reaction score
2011 GT. After returning my car to stock, I have a p2112: Throttle Actuator Control System - Stuck Closed.

I was running a tvs with an accufab, went to a Boss IM with a FRPP 90mm tb and now back to stock. Car was never run on the Boss/FRPP. So, yes I did repin for the tb, but I'm 99% sure it was returned to stock pin correctly. The stock tb has been sitting for a few years. Moves freely by hand, but no response via the gas pedal. So, obviously the car starts and then stalls almost immediately because the tb is closed.

Do the stock tb ever go bad? My tb plug at #1 position is yellow/violet and ends #6 position as green/violet. Sound right?

Please help as the car is down. Only thing I can think of is finding another stock tb and trying it.

When I took my TVS off I got this code also. Ended up I pinned the connectors wrong on the TB.

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
When I took my TVS off I got this code also. Ended up I pinned the connectors wrong on the TB.

I've checked it a few times already, not saying I didn't screw it up, but I need to find a definitive picture or color run down of the wires.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thunder i will get you a pic, give me a minute.

Done

Last edited:

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Nice, thanks!! I'll get there in a couple minutes and check it out.

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
All wired correctly and everything is locked in place. I can only figure that something went wrong when downloading the stock tune. I just ordered a stock performance tune from Bama, if the car runs on that, then my stock file got screwed up somewhere along the way.

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
I really need some help here...car will not run on a bama tune either.

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Update...i was able to let it idle long enough to get a p1639 code. I called into SCT as i believe my stock tune was screwed up during the last upload.

thundr306

forum member
Reaction score
Update...SCT verified my stock tune was good. Reloaded it just to be sure. No changes. Car will idle rough with or without tb plugged in. I read 4.8-5vdc with key on and idle at wires 1,2,5,6. No voltage change with throttle input.

cb900f

forum member
Reaction score
Update...SCT verified my stock tune was good. Reloaded it just to be sure. No changes. Car will idle rough with or without tb plugged in. I read 4.8-5vdc with key on and idle at wires 1,2,5,6. No voltage change with throttle input.
Did you mess with the gas pedal linkage any? Just shooting in the dark here.

fiveoh

forum member
Reaction score
It's not pinned right IMO. I know you said you checked it a bunch. Have someone else look at it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back